• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    I know we have several gunsmith's that are industry partners. I recently picked up a Savage 220 and put it in a Boyd's thumbhole stock. I am looking to have some final inletting/fitting done as the magazine does not lock into place. I understand this is fairly common with the Boyd's stock and Savage mags. While I am at it, I would like to have the stock pillar bedded.

Has anyone taken a 220 to have work done that they would recommend? I would love to get it back in time for the deer firearms season, but I realize that may be a tall order for a good (busy) gunsmith.

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I do not own a 220 and cannot speak to whether he has done any but Eddie "Doc" Harren is the best gunsmith I have worked with personally. I mainly have experience with his metalwork but I can vouch for the quality of bedding work he has done on rifles for friends of mine. He is best known for his benchrest and varmint rifles but several others have told me he has a talent for making sporters that bughole too. The business is Harren's Custom Rifles, 301-831-8068, located in Ijamsville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom