• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    The standard issue butt-stock of the Savage 110BA Stealth is nice but i'm looking for options. Big picture, i want a monopod or something in the back to stabilize it for LONG shots but dont want to lug around a sandbag to put under it.

I also dont want to loose the adjustable comb height that comes w/ the stock or the length of pull. The LOP is adjustable and the rifle takes any mil-spec ar15 stock.

IDEALY though, there would be a light weight sand bag type item to put under this and other firearms.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    And fits directly on the magpul PRS stock....

Fits plenty of stocks besides Magpul as well, in case the stock you have isn't so bad.

I like Magpul a lot but sometimes it's hard to justify the extra expense. (And I'm not that hard to convince when it comes to guns.)

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    i'm not completely apposed to a rear bag but i'm trying to keep the weight and "crap" down. The rifle already weighs about 15 lbs, add a shooting mat, day bag (food/water/sunblock/firestarter/poncho/cellphone battery etc etc), small hunting chair. Hats off the the men/women of armed guard because i dont carry nearly as much as they do but i'll be damned if I don't feel like it sometimes. The thought of adding more weight to it for a rear bag vs a monopod.. makes my knees hurt.

if the bag was light enough (under 1lb) AND be functional i wouldn't cringe at it. In my experience, the rear bags aren't big enough alone. I have a caldwell bag set i use from time to time but the rear one is just too small/low.

I've seen people use old shotgun shot bags, restuffed w/ other material that makes them light and tall enough to manage. I might try something like that at some point. or the lightweight bag mentioned above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom