• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    duplicate (stupid computer). please delete

You can delete it...

• Click EDIT at the bottom of your post...
    • select DELETE (1)
    • this screen appears
    7E3AF80C-2CD8-4865-B8F8-E79E00C5B17B.jpg
    • select (2) and then (3)
    You can leave a brief comment in the “reason for deletion:” field.
    Gone....... :outta her

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    You can delete it...

• Click EDIT at the bottom of your post...
    • select DELETE (1)
    • this screen appears
    View attachment 275976
    • select (2) and then (3)
    You can leave a brief comment in the “reason for deletion:” field.
    Gone....... :outta her

Unfortunately that option doesn't appear for me, maybe because I'm using Safari browser on a Mac?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.15.29 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.15.29 PM.jpg
      24 KB · Views: 263

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think it depends on the sub forum. I have noticed in certain places I can delete, and in other forums I cannot. For those, I have to edit and replace all with a "."

ETA: I cannot delete in this subforum either. I can in other sub forums.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    No.

The Republicans had the theoretical numbers for 2 years to petition bills out of committee, and this was one they should have, which I made very clear to many of them. They were threatened by their overlords with losing committee positions and having any of their pet bills burned at the stake, and the House Repubs showed their spine, which is made of ballistic gel.

Yes. Even though I was gerrymandered out of his district and now have no representation, he still treats me as if I were his constituent.

never fails my friend. That's why it always gives me a chuckle when I hear bipartisanship, it only goes 1 way...

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Just my .02 here, but my guess would be that Ready and Hough are driving the discussion every year. Also, I know a former legislator who would strategically drop this bill every year in order to continue to educate and discuss the issue but also to try to get MSP to provide certain pieces of information and drive the point home that they continued not to provide the requested data.

Just mho. But yes, it should be filed each and every year and yay Ready and Hough!

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Good to hear from you Andi, I miss your podcasts with hubby & the big man.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Just my .02 here, but my guess would be that Ready and Hough are driving the discussion every year. Also, I know a former legislator who would strategically drop this bill every year in order to continue to educate and discuss the issue but also to try to get MSP to provide certain pieces of information and drive the point home that they continued not to provide the requested data.

Just mho. But yes, it should be filed each and every year and yay Ready and Hough!

I agree. The squeaky wheel is eventually given attention despite the fact that it might not get fixed for a long time. Best to keep pressing the issue and show support for the state reps and senators who advocate such bills.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No.

The Republicans had the theoretical numbers for 2 years to petition bills out of committee, and this was one they should have, which I made very clear to many of them. They were threatened by their overlords with losing committee positions and having any of their pet bills burned at the stake, and the House Repubs showed their spine, which is made of ballistic gel.

So, While I agree that I would have liked to have seen them petition a bill or two, doing so would not have guaranteed a vote on the bill.

There are three possible outcomes to petitioning a bill out of committee;
    1. Floor vote
    2. Special order until 2359 on Sine Die
    3. Reassigned back to committee

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Having read a post on my Facebook page from Delegate Robin Grammer as he reacted to and included a post from Baltimore County Councilman Todd Crandell, I wanted to bring their info to light here in our forum. Todd Crandell goes on to describe some legislation he was backing regarding Illegals and how our government would rather keep pushing their pet projects to kill our 2 A rights yet trash cans any meaningful measures to address true crimes.

I suggest if none of us know these folks, look up Del. Robin Grammer on FB and get get to know him and Councilman Crandell. Introduce yourselves and thank them. I know I have and will continue to do so. Here is Mr Grammer's reply to Mr Crandell. "Give them hell, Councilman Crandell! Unbelievable that the Baltimore County Council obstructs law enforcement as Baltimore County murder rates shoot through the roof."

And Mr Crandell's post. "In the spring of 2017, I introduced a Bill that would have required Balto Co Dept of Corrections to participate in the federal 287g program. This measure would have helped county law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration authorities to remove felons from our community - a clear and concise public safety measure. Four current members of the County Council blocked that vote, yet each one voted to regulate a law abiding industry last night under the premise they are somehow doing something about violent crime. Apparently, it's not politically correct to cooperate with federal agencies to remove foreign gang members from our community. But it is ok to put burdens on law abiding citizens? I question the County’s priorities and lack of logic."

Attachments

• ICE MS 13.JPG
      ICE MS 13.JPG
      39 KB · Views: 247

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I am with Raineman and our other Brothers and sisters of being in the corner of Senator Ready even if I am no longer in his district and his efforts on behalf of Shall Issue can only go so far given the climate of MD political misrepresentation we are stuck with in office. Thank you Justin. Shame on the likes of you who defeat the potential laws that will actually combat crime and yet pass ones that actually make deadly crime increase and easier to commit. You should be forced to see those Faces in the Orange Jump suits 24/7 and to constantly view pictures of crimes until you are force fed just how you are as guilty as if you had pulled the trigger, shot the needle, or beaten and stabbed the victims yourselves.

That goes for you too, Hillary, Obama, Biden, Soros, Bloomberg, Bernie and all those loons in the Democrap party

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Raine!!! How are you? Yeah working for the Governor at another agency meant I had to keep my head down and work...ya know, my actual job. But, as you know, you are in excellent hands with MJD438!

Btw, y'all, if you are in Austin, come see me! Just moved here literally days before Christmas. But I miss you all!!!!!!

Hi Andi!

Long time no see.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    They do call it the "squeaky wheel" for a reason!:party29:

I agree. The squeaky wheel is eventually given attention despite the fact that it might not get fixed for a long time. Best to keep pressing the issue and show support for the state reps and senators who advocate such bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom