• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hmmmm thinking.... If Sgt Pope was told by some "bigwig senator" move them to Lawyers Mall and then you can arrest for protesting without a permit and when he saw they would not move to Lawyers Mall then he made up the next excuse to arrest Rack and his brother. Im just thinking if this could have happened and or that is what the good Sgt was trying to do???

The good SGT was desperately trying to keep his job. The order to move to Lawyers Mall without a permit was an illegal order. The arrest was unconstitutional. Doing nothing would have cost him his job (if the "bigwig" had so ordered). He was between a rock and a hard spot. If he jumped in any direction he was screwed.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    As I have already pointed out, and posted a link to the actual Office of Legislative Audits report, there was no missing money. There was an improper procurement procedure used to purchase something like $60k worth of goods, and the total amount spent on that type of goods/services was $2.1 million for the audit period.

Link please.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Many thanx!

It seems that in reading the summary (Para. 4) there are still unresolved issues with the accounting for the money between Frosh and the OIG, which resulted in the inclusion of an "Auditor Comment." That does not appear to absolve the Frosh Bunco Operation of responsibility, IMO.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Many thanx!

It seems that in reading the summary (Para. 4) there are still unresolved issues with the accounting for the money between Frosh and the OIG, which resulted in the inclusion of an "Auditor Comment." That does not appear to absolve the Frosh Bunco Operation of responsibility, IMO.

Yeah, but show me where it says $2.1 million was misappropriated or stolen? All it says is that they did a crappy job of following procurement procedures. It does not say that $2.1 million is missing. I would bet that several checks can be shown comprising the $2.1 million and it was not used by Frosh for personal purposes.

Actually, feel free to quote the section you are relying on so I can look it over a little closer. Since it is a public document, doing so should be fine.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Back to the 1st Amendment issue. Read this, I find it a little chilling. Just a little.
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/17-1174_m5o1.pdf

From Slate.com

In Nieves v. Bartlett, a divided court ruled that individuals can’t sue police officers for retaliatory arrest if those officers had probable cause to arrest them for any crime, no matter how minor—and that’s true even if the real reason for the arrest was speech the officers didn’t like. In other words, if you are jaywalking in violation of a local ordinance, officers can arrest you without fear of liability even if they’re making the arrest only because you’re participating in a Black Lives Matter demonstration or wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Back to the 1st Amendment issue. Read this, I find it a little chilling. Just a little.
    https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/18pdf/17-1174_m5o1.pdf

From Slate.com

In Nieves v. Bartlett, a divided court ruled that individuals can’t sue police officers for retaliatory arrest if those officers had probable cause to arrest them for any crime, no matter how minor—and that’s true even if the real reason for the arrest was speech the officers didn’t like. In other words, if you are jaywalking in violation of a local ordinance, officers can arrest you without fear of liability even if they’re making the arrest only because you’re participating in a Black Lives Matter demonstration or wearing a “Make America Great Again” cap.

As I have continuously said, there are so many laws that almost all of us can be put in prison if the authorities that be so choose.

One of the reasons, outside of just being polite, that you do not mouth off at an officer when you get pulled over. The officer can make you miserable if he/she does not like what comes out of your mouth.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    As I have continuously said, there are so many laws that almost all of us can be put in prison if the authorities that be so choose.

One of the reasons, outside of just being polite, that you do not mouth off at an officer when you get pulled over. The officer can make you miserable if he/she does not like what comes out of your mouth.

True that. Be smart out there!

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I'll just leave this here. This is an example of being smart out there.

I think there may be a difference between what he seems to be talking about (field interviews and interrogation) and general interaction. If your not a person of interest in a crime why agitate officers with silence?

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I think there may be a difference between what he seems to be talking about (field interviews and interrogation) and general interaction. If your not a person of interest in a crime why agitate officers with silence?

Just realized I combined the content of 2 posts into one and responded to this imaginary statement, my bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom