• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    OK...I'm finally getting caught up on a backlog of maintenance things and this morning have now found two members here posting under a total of 4 separate accounts.

This is a violation of forum rules, and it's damned weird to be honest, especially when you're posting in the same threads..

Here's the deal:

You have multiple accounts here? All of them are going away.

I'm here to tell you that this is a childish, passive aggressive ******** way of going about life and it just might earn you a lifetime ban from the community. You're no better than a common spammer to me.

If that's worth the thrill of thinking you're putting one over on us, have at it.

Everyone trips up at some point.

You've been warned.

Report your sock puppet accounts to us now, they'll be closed without censure. Anyone found after this is risking being perma banned on all accounts regardless of tenure here.

This offer expires at midnight 12/31/13.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It happens on occasion that someone will forget their password or decide that they've revealed too much about themselves and want to start over. A pm to the bosses (Norton and DD214) will generally be able to make some sort of arrangement.

That said, another board I moderated was torn apart by these things as people would develop multiple accounts just to gang up on people in arguments. We started back tracing these things and found that 3 board members accounted for 11 accounts and had run off several younger members with their abusive nature. I'm dead serious that we'll work with people during the amnesty. After the amnesty, I will support the decision to permanently delete all of these accounts.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Jeez...you'd think at some point, people would grow out of making up imaginary friends to interact with! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• loser.jpg
      loser.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 2,675

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Holiday amnesty for all, and to all a good night! Very generous Norton. After dealing with elcid, uncommon, and whoever else, along with their multiple accounts/personalities this week, I would have thought you'd lost all patience. Maybe the new Form 77 should have a box to check off if you ever spoke to yourself in an MDS online forum. :rolleye12

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Multiple accounts, sometimes used to gang up on other members and/or to further their own points?
    Wow; delusions are dangerous. Overtime, some tend to believe them.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Hey.... only police and military should have multiple accounts!!!
    No high capacity accounts for the common folk.

But seriously.
    Thanks to the Mods for all they do.

Merry Christmas to them and their families.
    You have our gratitude.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Multiple accounts to gang up on other members?

I NEVER would have thought of that. I guess I am not as much of a deviant as I thought after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom