• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Okay - Jeep and Russ have poked me a few times to add some info. More sections coming this weekend!

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Okay - Jeep and Russ have poked me a few times to add some info. More sections coming this weekend!

If you are gonna do comps/flashihiders one of us needs a Battlecomp to test. Word is there are the new standard. I might be ordering one in a few weeks.

Apone

May 1, 2009
    Salida, CO
    Yep - that's the next portion. I'm going to enlist Jeep to help me write up suppressors, as well. I'll be plugging you to do a barrel section.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Question on reinstalling a barrel.

I took off my barrel from an LMT monorail. Trying to get it back on, it's a tight fit. Should there be force invovled to get a barrel into the upper reciever? I would have to "drive the barrel in about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch for the retaining screws to line up.

Any thoughts?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Sometimes it can be snug but I've never encountered a need for driving it in with tools. Did you check for debris or a rough finish on the inside of the upper?

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Apone,
    I have a request. I am new to AR-15 building and didn't recognize all of the brands. This is a good general practice for all writing for public view. Spell out all the acronyms on first reference in the following style Rock River Arms (RRA) or Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) makes it a he!! of a lot easier for the noobs to google.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I don't know a whole lot about ARs, but I know you can mix and match pieces. What part of the rifle is the "restricted" part? Thanks,

The lower receiver is the only part that needs to be registered. It is the part with the serial number.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    This is great for a beginner like me. I just shot my friend's newly built AR and I'm hooked! I look forward to building my own shortly, just need to do some more research.

sandbanger

how's it going eisenhower
    Dec 14, 2010
    Okay i read the posts, I am still confused, I got in on the group buy TSS is running (awesome!!) This will be my first build, and the first time Ive held an ar/m16 since the army. which mine was a POS when i was in, I figure maybe it wont suck if i build it :)
    I want to keep the A2 carry platform and Im wondering what do you use? what would you reccomend. should i get a small length barrell and have it pinned to make it 16.1? Im just new to the whole build thing. Any help would be sweet. Can I truly mix and match with the lower?

jimmie2009

Feb 26, 2011
    Leonardtown Maryland
    Thanks for the info. I just bought a DPMS lower .308 and Im looking for an upper in a 16 to 24 length barrel that can shoot 7.62 and 308. Any suggestions. Im looking to build a hunting rifle to hunt coyotes in Pennsylvania and need something that can reach out and touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom