• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    UPDATE: We've decide to put this event on the calendar and open it up for registration. Please see the Maryland page at the Project Appleseed web site.

I'm looking to see if there would be any interest in a weekday Project Appleseed event at Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie, MD. This would be a one-day event on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, during the PG County School's Spring Break.

Centerfire rifles would be permitted at this event. A semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine is recommended. If you don't have one, just let us know beforehand and we'll be glad to set you up with a loaner rimfire rifle to use for the event.

Project Appleseed's heritage program vividly portrays the Battles of Lexington and Concord with the kind of care and immediacy that is absent from most formal schooling. Modern listeners are confronted with the danger, the fear, and the heartbreaking separations that arose out of the choices made on April 19th, 1775. They are also reminded of the marksmanship skills and masterful organization that ultimately helped set the colonists on the path to success. Those who attend gain a better understanding of the fundamental choices faced by our ancestors as they began to set the stage for the nation we now enjoy.

The Project Appleseed rifle marksmanship program complements that history and heritage. The focus is on teaching the traditional American marksmanship skills for three-position shooting. There are, however, several aspects of the marksmanship program that deserve special mention. Project Appleseed is particularly proud of their younger attendees. In accordance with applicable local laws, young people with sufficient maturity are welcome to the Appleseed line and can, with parental permission, join the cadre. The RWVA recognizes the importance of introducing a wide cross section of Americans to their marksmanship heritage.

I'm hoping to move forward on this over the coming week. If you are interested in such an event, please let me know either by responding to this thread or by emailing me at PublicEvents@berwyn.org.

Thanks,
    Mike.

Last edited:

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    I'm looking to see if there would be any interest in a weekday Project Appleseed event at Berwyn Rod and Gun Club in Bowie, MD. This would be a one-day event on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, during the PG County School's Spring Break.

I would be interested if 1) if you had a loaner available (I've been thinking about acquiring a rifle, but have only shot one a couple times and want a little more experience before pulling the trigger on the purchase) and 2) if we were going to finish up by 1700 or so (I gotta teach that night.)

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    I would be interested if 1) if you had a loaner available (I've been thinking about acquiring a rifle, but have only shot one a couple times and want a little more experience before pulling the trigger on the purchase) and 2) if we were going to finish up by 1700 or so (I gotta teach that night.)

Yes to both! We can always supply a loaner, most likely a Ruger 10-22 with a couple of magazines. The events at Berwyn run from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Excellent! Then I would be in. Watch this thread, PM you my contact info, or both to see if it's a go/no-go?

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Excellent! Then I would be in. Watch this thread, PM you my contact info, or both to see if it's a go/no-go?

Watch this thread. If we have enough interest, we'll open up the event registration process in about a week.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Mike, I'm going to the 1-day event in March at Berwyn already (and bringing a friend this time!) but this one is also an interesting proposition as 1-day events work better with my schedule usually (but also depends if I can get the day off work on a Wednesday).

If it materializes, would this one on April 4 be close enough to Patriot's Day where the 'special things and extra swag' might be available here? Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to AAFG for the next closest date to Patriot's Day and there isn't another one in Bowie until May.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    If it materializes, would this one on April 4 be close enough to Patriot's Day where the 'special things and extra swag' might be available here? Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to AAFG for the next closest date to Patriot's Day and there isn't another one in Bowie until May.

I'll check with the Shoot Boss and get back to you on that one.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    It's hard to say with 100% certainty. If the materials arrive in time for our event, they'll be available but we can't guarantee that we'd have them.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    I would be interested and possible my daughter, AR-15 ok? I've got a 10-22 but the sights are stock
    Yes, an AR-15 is permitted. The factory sights on the 10-22 would be a problem because they don't allow for the sort of exacting adjustments that are needed at an Appleseed.

If you decide to go, just request a loaner and we'll gladly set you up with a 10-22 with either Tech Sights or a scope.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    UPDATE: We've decide to put this event on the calendar and open it up for registration. Please see the Maryland page at the Project Appleseed web site.

MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    We've less than three weeks to go until this event and there are still slots open. Please consider this family-friendly event as a way to spend a day of your Spring Break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom