• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixspeedshift

Jul 6, 2020
    What pain? He said:

It is like comparing your purchase price with 1980s catalog you found in the library and crying about it
    This is definitely a fair point. I actually found one in stock last night for $240 less than I paid after factoring in shipping and FFL costs, so that's basically the insurance price I paid to get something in hand guaranteed. Not too bad. A friend of a friend recently bought one for $650 but it could have been a very one off, extremely lucky situation as I don't know the details.

Last edited:

sixspeedshift

Jul 6, 2020
    You got off easy. I paid a lot more for my first AR around the time of the previous gun ban hysteria. I also bought an AK for a high price. Looking back, it is just a sunk cost. Better to have than not.

After a few more purchases, then wound isn’t as sore. Working and buying more guns makes the pain go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yea we have to average down our prices with more purchases haha

sixspeedshift

Jul 6, 2020
    A stripped lower is just a receiver. Receiver can be anything, pistol, rifle. What happens from there is up to the owner.
    But what about a complete lower, NOT stripped. If I buy a complete lower for 9mm caliber as an example to build my own ar-pistol, do I need the hql? It seems like consensus is no

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    But what about a complete lower, NOT stripped. If I buy a complete lower for 9mm caliber as an example to build my own ar-pistol, do I need the hql? It seems like consensus is no

Id probably check it in as a receiver because its not a complete firearm. Unless it came in and specifically said pistol or rifle.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Stipped lower, baptize it as a pistol. Sacrifice a pig, say 10 hail marys, leave out 7n6 for brandon herrera. In the name of the flannel daddy, gun jesus, and the holy operator, amen. BAM, you have an ar pistol and do what you want.

HILARIOUS!!!

Feb 28, 2013
    You got off easy. I paid a lot more for my first AR around the time of the previous gun ban hysteria. I also bought an AK for a high price. Looking back, it is just a sunk cost. Better to have than not.

After a few more purchases, then wound isn’t as sore. Working and buying more guns makes the pain go away.

You don't wanna know what I paid for my SP1 in pre-FSA 2013

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Like everyone said, when it comes to ARs I see little difference between MD compliant and VA compliant. The big advantage to moving to VA will be other platforms. FAL, AUG, and AK are all banned in MD, but are legal in VA... I think, I don’t actually know VA gun laws.

This, and no HQL. Get the AR as soon as possible. When you move, pick up an AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom