• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Cleaned up one for collection an stealth'd out the other. Notice the lug modification on the Stealth version. a few more mods to do it. For $99 a pop why not. They are plentiful.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
      IMG_0858.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 404
    • IMG_0862.jpg
      IMG_0862.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 409
    • IMG_0861.jpg
      IMG_0861.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 405

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yes, T-53's are inexpensive and easy to come by - for now. They can be very good shooters and can make great restoration projects.

Once ago K98's, Arisaka's, Carcanos etc. fit that definition as well. I've seen more of Bubba's handiwork done to those than I can remember. :sad20:

Your rifles. You can do what you want with them. "Stealth" wouldn't be on the top of most folk's list.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    There's nothing Stealthy about a T-53 when you shoot one. I love the percussion blast and the BOOM!

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    If anyone can point me to $99 or otherwise inexpensive T53s, I'd greatly appreciate it. I haven't seen a $99 T53 since last fall when SOG had them. The ones I've seen lately have sold in the $250-$350 range.

Check out South Carroll Sporting Goods, an IP here. Got one from him last year, I can't remember what I paid, but it was a nice gun for the price.:)

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Check out South Carroll Sporting Goods, an IP here. Got one from him last year, I can't remember what I paid, but it was a nice gun for the price.:)

He's a haul for me. I guess in all fairness, my question was more rhetorical. The days of $99 T53 are gone. You can expect to pay 2-3 times that now, if you can even find them. I was lucky to get an all-matching one from SOG with wood in surprisingly good condition. I should've bought 5.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    Can't wait to drill and tap this one for a scope and flute the barrel with my Dremel! I think I am just going to go with flat black Krylon though.

Attachments

• 0329151034a.jpg
      0329151034a.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 284

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Wish I could find some $99 T53s.

Me too. I bought my $99 special on a whim as an addition to my cart of a Swiss rifle, and didn't even consider that they might be gone. You could say the same about the Steyr M95s. I bought one of those, too, when they were $119. Now they're gone and, although not commanding the prices that T53s do, are significantly more expensive to acquire now.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Never ever ever ever call a company and thank them for sending an unissued T53 for 99 dolla...:innocent0

Things only go down hill from there.

Rickhead

XXXXXXXXXX
    Sep 12, 2010
    I think the original post was just to "stir the pot" and see what happens. If it's a real post than fine, just if he ever wants to sell his "stealth T53" he may regret the modifications.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My T53 looks great after the rejuvenation, but shoots like crap. I got a sewer pipe bore and a worn out muzzle.
    My cheap AIM Russian M44 from Albania though shoots like a dream and was close to the same price but that was a ship that was in port for only a week. lucky I got one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom