• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Want to take grandson hog hunting this summer, looking for an online course that doesn’t require field requirement.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    You could try this. There’s several every year. And it gets really positive reviews by people that have went.

http://www.scfhclub.org/HunterSafety.aspx

And I believe it’s free of charge. If nothing else treat it like a day at the range with your grandson. And if you’re looking for a place to enjoy shooting sports with him, you could probably easily find a sponsor for membership. If not and you are interested in that send me a PM.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Maybe start him out with an apprentice hunting license? Just an idea. Quick way to get someone out in the field to see if they like it.

http://dnr.maryland.gov/nrp/Pages/About-the-Apprenticeship-Hunting-License.aspx

Agreed. And honestly even if he has some shooting experience, having some required field time isn’t a bad thing. The online MD one is about 3-5hrs to do and then it is about a 3hr “field class”. Plenty of places offer the field class portion of the online hunger safety class.

Or as mentioned the apprentice license which is online, though you have to tightly manage the apprentice (IE be within distance to actively control the weapon). And I’d suggest following that. Never know when a game warden might wander by and your both be hosed if not following at least the spirit of the apprentice hunter’s license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom