• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Affectionately known as "The Crusty Crab," The Cracked Claw restaurant in Urbana is going under the power shovel. I'm certain it will be replaced with something with much less character. Looks like a foundation for a bank pad is already in progress. Maybe a Chotchkie's would be appealing to the Ubanaites.

Attachments

• 1108141231b.jpg
      1108141231b.jpg
      62.4 KB · Views: 1,446
    • 1108141232a.jpg
      1108141232a.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 1,598
    • 1108141234a.jpg
      1108141234a.jpg
      57.5 KB · Views: 1,420
    • 1108141234b.jpg
      1108141234b.jpg
      95.8 KB · Views: 1,443
    • crusy_crab_demo_panoramic.jpg
      crusy_crab_demo_panoramic.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 1,242

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    man that's sad. I ate and drank and had some really good times there.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. Back in the 90s, when I lived in Gaithersburg, the Cracked Claw was a popular destination after bombing around on the back roads on my motorcycle. When we moved to Frederick, I took the family there ... and had an overwhelmingly mediocre experience. The place had changed, and not for the better.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    The original part of the 1800's (Peter Pan or whatever) will remain. Adjacent, an Advanced Auto Parts is planned.

I would have preferred a Hooters over auto parts (which is a dumb choice). Perhaps a Hooters would have repelled MoCo yuppies.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    The original part of the 1800's (Peter Pan or whatever) will remain. Adjacent, an Advanced Auto Parts is planned.

I would have preferred a Hooters over auto parts (which is a dumb choice). Perhaps a Hooters would have repelled MoCo yuppies.

I can confirm this. My company has the testing contract here.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    More info:
    Much of what was the Cracked Claw and the Peter Pan Inn before that is in the process of being demolished by developer Urbana Lot 1 LLC to be a multi-business site to include a Dash-In fuel station with convenience store, Burger King, and Advance Auto Parts. Heavy construction equipment was on site Tuesday afternoon tearing up the parking lot. The historic 19th century Rine House that is within the other structures will be retained and may become a bank or restaurant.

Unfortunately, I'm not expecting the historic Rine House to become a historic Hooter's.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Honestly, I have mixed feelings. Back in the 90s, when I lived in Gaithersburg, the Cracked Claw was a popular destination after bombing around on the back roads on my motorcycle. When we moved to Frederick, I took the family there ... and had an overwhelmingly mediocre experience. The place had changed, and not for the better.

I tend to agree. At the end , the food and service were mediocre.

Doodads

May 29, 2011
    Sarasota
    My parents would take us kids to the Peter Pan Inn on weekends back in the 50's and 60's. It seemed like it took forever to get there from Camp Springs, especially on the trips before the beltway was open. I remember the peacocks, and there was always a wait to get a table.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Peter Pan Inn. That was a special night out 50 years ago.. Corn Fritters and Shirley temples.

My parents would take us kids to the Peter Pan Inn on weekends back in the 50's and 60's. It seemed like it took forever to get there from Camp Springs, especially on the trips before the beltway was open. I remember the peacocks, and there was always a wait to get a table.

Yes and yes.. exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom