• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They even make you take a short written safety test prior to allowing you to shoot the first time. You are then issued an NRA Range Card.

Nothing wrong with CYA when you're the 800 lb Gorilla of gun safety.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    They even make you take a short written safety test prior to allowing you to shoot the first time. You are then issued an NRA Range Card.

Nothing wrong with CYA when you're the 800 lb Gorilla of gun safety.

for a fee.. $10

took my wifes cousin from Arizona to check out the museum and maybe shoot couple rounds at the range.

after she told us the fee....i said thank you ,. we'll just go to a closer range to my home.

as soon i turned around to head out.. the girl behind the counter made a snark comment.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't mind someone looking over my shoulder. I've spent the last 38+ years with customers looking over my shoulder....I'm used to it. When it comes to firing ranges, I welcome all input. Though I've never shot there, I have a few friends who have and I never heard any complaints from them so, I guess I don't have a dog in this fight. Good day.....I said GOOD DAY!

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    1. too far, especially with Beltway traffic
    2. too crowded
    3. can't rent guns from the Museum and shoot there

:innocent0

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I don't like some of their seedy clientèle who think people should find fault with them.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I go Monday or Friday first thing in the morning. No waiting for me. I realize many folks can't take advantage of weekday range trips but it's a great experience other than the congestion on 495 and 66. Still not horrible.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well, we know for a fact there are antis here, and yes they will try to snipe their way into creating division.

After re-reading all his posts, I seriously doubt the OP is one of them, to be honest.

If I end up being wrong, so be it, and I'll take my licks. But for this one, I think we're OK.

invite the OP to go shooting. Should he happen to be an anti, convert him. Show him how nice us 2nd Amendment folks are and how much fun shooting can be when done responsibly. Not only that, but point out that responsible people should be able to defend themselves from the bad side of humanity that will use whatever weapon they can get, and trying to cut weapons off from them is like trying to prevent the illegal drug trade.

If he isn't an anti, then just have a great time.

Keep in mind that anybody can be turned to the cause (i.e., our side) or turned away from the cause based upon how they are treated here.

Ironically, I've been called a troll, people have alluded to putting me on ignore, people have put me on ignore, etc. Meanwhile, I own way more firearms than the average person, am a pretty decent supporter of the 2nd Amendment, am a NRA Benefactor member, and was a MSI EM for a period. We really do eat our own.

Take an anti under thy wing and help them understand. Same goes for an alleged troll, a fence sitter, a Fudd, a cyclist, an immigrant, a minority, or what have you. The more people on our side, the better. The more people to shoot with, the better. I wish firearms were as common as bicycles in the US. Almost all kids grow up learning to ride a bike. Very few grow up learning to handle a firearm and treat it properly.

Back to the OP's question, I have no issue with the range making sure everybody is safe. I don't want to have to worry about the noob next to me while I am shooting, and I surely do not want to get shot by the noob by accident.

As far as Gilbert's goes, they were rude to my wife the first time I brought her there and she did not want to even attempt to shoot a handgun. She did not want to go back either and let me know just how rude they were to her. So, that was my last trip to Gilbert's and both me and my brothers let our memberships die. My wife bought her first handgun last year and is bugging me to shoot it, so I am trying to join AGC up the road. I've shot there before and really like the place. Just have to jump through some hoops to join.

britishjohnhall

I've only been there once to take the Personal Protection in the Home Instructor Class. I liked the range. Very clean. Staff where very professional. It seems like a great place for new shooters to start out. Our PPITH instructor was excellent.
    They do IPSC competitions once a month on a Tuesday night that I would love to try out.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Based on this thread, I guess 14 is the new 13er

Gosh durn, young whippersnappers asking questions like newbies with low post counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom