• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY freed my Griffin Optimus from NFA jail today. Almost a year wait due to bureaucracy. Now, to mail in my Trump Bucks . . .

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Congrats nice choice; I'm glad atf is at least approving somebody, I just had to send my 3rd correction to them. Maybe one day they'll finally send me good news.
    I went the easy/lazy route with Silencershop and the unlimited single shot trust. This one was approved back at the beginning of March, but USPS lost my Tax Stamp en route from ATF to my dealer.

This was the first Suppressor I bought (wanted modularity to tide me over while the others were languishing in NFA jail), but the sixth one I've taken possession of, sadly. Dumb delays on both ends. Two more to go . . .

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    So, why does this actually take longer than NCIC? Are we going to see a significant reduction in process time fy19? Or are more people going to file making it about the same amount of time?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    So, why does this actually take longer than NCIC? Are we going to see a significant reduction in process time fy19? Or are more people going to file making it about the same amount of time?
    The point of NFA laws is to raise barrier of entry so high that the people willing to go through the process are on the margins. Gun mufflers comprise the vast majority of NFA Registries and probably number something like .25%-.35% of number of total firearms in private hands in the U.S. The scary part is that handguns were originally part of that legislation. "Full semi auto military style assault weapons" are a good target for the NFA too.

I don't see wait times dropping below 5-6 months anytime soon, if ever. With the additional budget and people that appears to have been granted to NFA branch, maybe we will get lucky, but who knows. In a way it is a good thing. It shows that more and more people are getting into the NFA game.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Lets face it, the $200 stamp fee isn't as cost prohibited as it once was. Therefore, more people are willing to spend the money for that item. Suppressors are the next COOL toy. Many are just now realizing how useful they can be too. I don't have the numbers, but I can only assume the applications are still coming in at near record levels. I think we will see 6-8 month time spans to receive your stamp. I can't see it getting any quicker, unless some hearing conservation Bill is passed in congress. Maybe after November, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Exuberon

Aug 8, 2017
    Southern Virginia
    Waiting patiently (so I keep telling myself) here too. Waiting for a Ruger Silent SR-ISB for my 10/22 Takedown.

I applied for my Individual form 4 at GymRatz through their Silencershop kiosk back in March (2018). Payment Cashed in May. So at this point, I should be about halfway through an approximate 200ish day wait. At this rate, I can take the ISB home sometime in October-Nov.

Here is to hoping and waiting.....

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Forgot to add to this thread.

SilencerCo Osprey 9

Individual Form 4 applied 12/16/17
    Received 6/29/18

I hate waiting but this gives me hope that it’s getting close, I applied 12/6 check cashed 1/12 so I am hoping it’s close

When was your check cashed?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Dad got his can. Purchased 12/9/17, called Engage today and the paperwork was in "a few days ago". So we're looking at about 7 months to the day since sending the paperwork off.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Did you call the shop? For some reason we didn't get a call or a message got missed from Engage.

It’s gymratz and no I haven’t but I will Be In the morning

Probably just a bit out maybe? Idk but I do know I ready to play with my can!!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I purchased 12/6 check cashed 1/12, man I hate waiting and I have a second in the que a few months behind

Did I say I hate waiting?
    Assuming wait times are consistent with what they have been over the past 7-8 months, your stamp should be here any day now. Unfortunately Silencershop definitely experienced a slowdown during the Holidays, particularly in sending paperwork to BATFE. Even though I bought a Rugged Micro in December, the check didn't get cashed until the beginning of February. Apparently mid December and up purchases didn't go out until near the end of January (according to Silencershop), so I've probably got another 30 days of waiting to do on my Rugged Micro. Probably another 30 days after that for my Dead Air Wolverine . . .

On the bright side, that will be all 8 of the cans I purchased in the last year, and I am not expecting to be living in Maryland long enough to be able to buy anymore NFA items here. Probably for the best . . .

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Form 4 Individual Silencer

Purchased: 12/14/18
    Check cashed: 1/23/18
    Approved: 7/17/18

now to wait for them to mail the stamp

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Form 4 Individual Silencer

Purchased: 12/14/18
    Check cashed: 1/23/18
    Approved: 7/17/18

now to wait for them to mail the stamp

That's Great news !! Ruffly 6 months!! For some reason the last group I put thru felt faster even though they ran 11+ months. It's only 5 months this time around, and it feels like years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom