For those of you who thought redistricting would be our salvation...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have it on good authority that the MGA has already sent out a letter.

That they'll work hand-in-hand with Governor Hogan to redraw the districts.

I guess their Democrat consciences have gotten the best of them.

Republicans to pick up a bunch of seats in 3...2...1...

I have it on good authority that the MGA has already sent out a letter.

That they'll work hand-in-hand with Governor Hogan to redraw the districts.

I guess their Democrat consciences have gotten the best of them.

Republicans to pick up a bunch of seats in 3...2...1...

Only if Hogan wins...and the dems approve...don't count your chickens...this is Maryland....the left will scream bloody murder and Frosh will sue...the corruption here knows no bounds..

I bet they rescind the letter after SCOTUS punts

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    hogan seems loved by the right and the left, i think i read he's one of the most popular governars in the country, pretty sure he's getting reelected.

hogan seems loved by the right and the left, i think i read he's one of the most popular governars in the country, pretty sure he's getting reelected.

That's what Hillary's supporters thought too...it's a moot point since he can do nothing without approval from the MGA and he won't get it..even if he is able to redraw the districts to benefit the republicans the new districts would not take affect until 2022 giving the MGA plenty of time to find a way to nullify the new map...

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    So reading into this a little I see states becoming more "aligned" with their current, and soon to be, predominate political party. Red States will gerrymander to stay red. Blue States will gerrymander to stay blue. I see booming times for moving companies, mortgage brokers, and the real-estate market. America's population is about to be mobilized... fred55

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    pigsfly-1024x601(pp_w768_h450).jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm sure that you've been waiting days to post this in anticipation of saying "I told you so".

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    So reading into this a little I see states becoming more "aligned" with their current, and soon to be, predominate political party. Red States will gerrymander to stay red. Blue States will gerrymander to stay blue. I see booming times for moving companies, mortgage brokers, and the real-estate market. America's population is about to be mobilized... fred55

The Supreme Court ruled in North Carolina that red state gerrymandering was unconstitutional.

That's why Maryland's case was such a blow. The court had already struck down gerrymandering in red states. The fact that it punted instead of striking down blue state gerymandering is what makes this case so very, very bad.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    seems to me that while this case was working it's way to scotus, the dems in this state were in fear of getting their collective pee pee's smacked... now they probably feel emboldened to double down on this kind of crap.

lonewolf220

Oct 10, 2014
    Hampstead
    The Supreme Court ruled in North Carolina that red state gerrymandering was unconstitutional.

That's why Maryland's case was such a blow. The court had already struck down gerrymandering in red states. The fact that it punted instead of striking down blue state gerymandering is what makes this case so very, very bad.

If I recall correctly SCOTUS hasn’t ruled on NC it’s only been through federal courts which have ruled it unconstitutional. It still may make its way to SCOTUS next term. And SCOTUS didn’t just punt on MD, they also punted on the Wisconsin case which had to do with R’s drawing the map to limit the the D’s representation.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Hogan just needs to go full right wing and draw up the most ridiculous districts in our favor. Obviously there is nothing that can be done to actually stop him. If only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom