• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Norton it’s awesome to see the responses so far. I renewed to life member a few weeks ago and joined SAF as a life member and GOA. With my bank account much lighter I was thinking just donate another $25 as FU money to the antis.

However after reading the responses and comments from members who I have never even seen post here before like #41 Tom b, #60 Bruce 82505fco, I was humbled.

Typical for MDS someone posts a great thought provoking question #83 Swamplynx, and members respond with knowledge!

I did a little research and discovered that the NRA also has a special arm called the NRA Political Victory Fund. http://money.cnn.com/news/cnnmoney-investigates/nra-funding-donors/index.html. The CNN story is 5 yrs old but goes into detail describing average Americans and why the choose to support the NRA-PVF.

These donations are allowed by federal law to go directly to helping get pro 2’nd amendment supporters elected, where as regular NRA donations fund the NRA’s mission. Until today I had no idea how the system worked.

Here is the link. https://www.nrapvf.org/donate

After seeing the awesome outpouring of support above and feeling a bit guilty that I didn’t attend the PP event yesterday, I donated $500.

Thanks MDS members.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Just sent $100 w/ CC. So Paypal didn't make any money off the transaction...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm eyeballing it around $6400 so far.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Not this weekend, a couple weeks ago I dropped $300 on upping my life membership, again, to some higher life membership level (on one of their occasional discount prices). I don't even know what level. It hardly matters; but I've been doing the past couple years. I wasn't going to do it this year; but with all that is happening, I figured it was money well spent.

I've got life memberships at GOA and SAF, too. I'll find some extra change to send their way shortly. And I haven't bought a gun in awhile. It's probably time...

Str8liner

Jan 24, 2017
    Upped my memberships and donated to the NRA and GOA over the weekend after that sham of a march they put on last week.

apdbobby

Jun 12, 2013
    Easton
    I Did It!!

I renewed my NRA to life!! And I feel good about it!! I also gave to MSI for there legal fund. I’m a member there too.
    The gun grabbers are paying money to these students in FL to protest and take our guns! I was there near parkland visiting family and I saw the march! Completely political. These kids don’t know what they are truly marching for! And I had to put up with everyone’s Unknowledgeable comments about guns!

As a side note, I became an NRA Firearms instructor to show more support

Jun 4, 2015
    Paypal doesn't care about guns. They're perfectly cool with you selling all the parts, accessories and mods you want.

They're based in CA, so they're concerned about taking a percentage on anything CA might object to, and on being sued by snowflakes. So they don't let you use their payments receivers or complete firearms.

As far as NRA-ILA, they want me to give them more money so they can ask ATF to ban something else?

I guess it's true. People never learn. NFA, GCA, Hughes, bumpfire stocks, all those bans were endorsed by the NRA.

Why would I give them a cent?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    You feel good about giving money to the group that helped ban machine guns, ban more machine guns, and just asked ATF to please ban bumpfire stocks, just leave our precious, precious shotguns alone?

Well, okay.

The NRA has done more to defend our gun rights than any other organization that I know of. They are not perfect and will never satisfy everyone regarding our rights but they are the best we have for now.

What did you do to support gun rights lately other than criticizing us for contributing to the NRA?

Jun 4, 2015
    https://home.nra.org/joint-statement

(FAIRFAX, VA) - The National Rifle Association today issued the following statement:

"In the aftermath of the evil and senseless attack in Las Vegas, the American people are looking for answers as to how future tragedies can be prevented. Unfortunately, the first response from some politicians has been to call for more gun control. Banning guns from law-abiding Americans based on the criminal act of a madman will do nothing to prevent future attacks. This is a fact that has been proven time and again in countries across the world. In Las Vegas, reports indicate that certain devices were used to modify the firearms involved. Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions, the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law. The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations. In an increasingly dangerous world, the NRA remains focused on our mission: strengthening Americans' Second Amendment freedom to defend themselves, their families and their communities. To that end, on behalf of our five million members across the country, we urge Congress to pass National Right-to-Carry reciprocity, which will allow law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families from acts of violence."

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    I had the same idea!

I donated 25 last Saturday in honor of the march.

I also raised absolute hell at my school, where I work as a teacher. This lady sent an email to staff, asking who was going to the March and I raised hell about it because I doubt that would be tolerated if so asked the same about a Trump rally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom