• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Also, Chairman Zirkin has opened this hearing to public testimony.

Game on.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    JPR hearing has been moved up to March 23rd.

...carrying dblas scoop over from the previous page.

Seeing as the bill the Senate is looking over is a total rewrite--meaning that the bill everyone testified in opposition to DOES NOT EXIST.....well, public testimony vs. a "sponsor" courtesy hearing is as it should be.

Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I would like to see them go after alcohol,cigarettes and cannabis with the same conviction that they have gone after guns. More persons die from causes related to any one of these three each year in Maryland than from firearms.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    March 23 eh.. Wonder who's in town then? Wasn't it originally scheduled the 29th? That would be too late.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I may have to re-examine my opinion of Zirkin. When did he start behaving more like Vallario than like Frosh?

He has always been easier to work with than his predecessor (I refuse to use his name). But make no mistake, he still opposes 99% of what we want.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Also, Chairman Zirkin has opened this hearing to public testimony.

Game on.

Not against you D and trying not to be negative but this will give them time to play candy crush and words with friends, thus the "game is on". They have no need to listen to a lower class of people and will vote the way they are told by their colleagues ... again, at least one admitted this.

They cannot correctly keep a simple list, MSP Registry, so I do not expect them to read the bill before voting ... again!

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    How about feeding them a shovel full of their own sh!t. Put forth an amendment requiring the person filing the complaint give the judge a "Good and Substantial" reason for guns to be confiscated.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How about feeding them a shovel full of their own sh!t. Put forth an ammendment requiring the person filing the complaint give the judge a "Good and Substantial" reason for guns to be confiscated.

Perfect.
    What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
    If they don’t like the answer they get then they can wait six months and go before a citizen review board and a perfect stranger can determine the outcome.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Not against you D and trying not to be negative but this will give them time to play candy crush and words with friends, thus the "game is on". They have no need to listen to a lower class of people and will vote the way they are told by their colleagues ... again, at least one admitted this.

They cannot correctly keep a simple list, MSP Registry, so I do not expect them to read the bill before voting ... again!

No offense taken at all, but the chairman has opened this to public testimony instead of just listening to the sponsor submit the bill, which he didn't have to do, and they very rarely if ever do. This isn't a done deal yet, so don't sell any effort short just yet.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The Return Of The Beatniks.

Coming to a town near you.

1521733542756-time-mag.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If someone is truly a threat, they should be locked up. That keeps them away from guns...and knives, and cars, and fists. What do these lawmakers think an unstable repondent is going to be doing while the order is active and they've given up all (allegedly) of their guns? Are they going to just sit in the corner with their hands folded thinking, "Hmmm...I guess I really must have scared her. I won't do that again," and keep that serenity for the rest of their lives? I'm thinking a truly dangerous person is going to be thinking along the lines of, "Oh, she thinks she can just take my guns away? Imma strangle dat bitch!"

Otter

Sep 25, 2009
    Still no answer from Kathy Szeliga. I've left a message and I've called 6 times today. Nada, nothing zilch. Could she be laying low?

Kathy, if you're reading this thread, call me. I just want to know why you voted for this Bill. Give me a good reason and maybe you'll persuade me.

This is what I can’t understand either, all the 'pro NRA' politicians voted for this one...

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    This is what I can’t understand either, all the 'pro NRA' politicians voted for this one...
    Maybe, unlike Kipke, she subscribes to that old quote......

"Tis' better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom