• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Let's face it, the big stocks of First and Second World War milsurp that fueled the C&R world have dried up. I've heard rumors of stuff that was in Russia being brought out, but it's all rumor at this point.

The future is the 50-year definition...but that requires a C&R holder to do his research, and the seller to be willing to accept it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The future is the 50-year definition...but that requires a C&R holder to do his research, and the seller to be willing to accept it.

^^^This^^^

I just found a Smith Model 41 from 1959, in almost-new condition. I'd been looking around for a C&R version for a while, to avoid the whole HQL issue. In my opinion, the C&R era firearms were assembled with a lot more care and hand-fitting, especially at the level of the 41.

Sorry, no pics; I'll be paying on it for a while yet.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    ^^^This^^^

I just found a Smith Model 41 from 1959, in almost-new condition. I'd been looking around for a C&R version for a while, to avoid the whole HQL issue. In my opinion, the C&R era firearms were assembled with a lot more care and hand-fitting, especially at the level of the 41.

Sorry, no pics; I'll be paying on it for a while yet.

Yup! The level of detail on older Colts is also impressive. Bought an early Colt Commander (all steel, before they labelled them Combat Commanders) and was amazed that the Colt staff bothered to apply a smooth finish to the underside of the slide. All my 70 series Colts had chatter marks and looked much rougher. Then again, who sees this side of the gun or pays attention to it? The highly trained, experienced old-school employees did! And props to the management who didn't ask them to cut corners.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Pickings are lean right now. Haven't use the C&R in almost a year.

Hogwash. There is plenty of stuff out there, Yes not crates and crates of stuff everywhere but still Plenty of c&R stuff everywhere. I have passed on many things and still bought Three in the last two weeks.

This is a problem i am seeing more and more of. dealers not understanding and not willing to accept

I read on ARF that Mosin M44 prices are actually falling but I have not checked it out.

Thats kinda interesting. i dont personally own one and really dont want one. I do like the carbnes but i have a 91/59 and 2 M38's.

I think the real reason its quiet on the board is some folks like myself have been not coming to the board as much. More people are tired of others BS and or laying low with the countries current events. But i could be wrong.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Since things are so quiet in this C&R subheading, I don't see anymore need for this C&R subheading so I will contact the ADMIN and have them remove this C&R subheading from the forum to make room for a different subheading worth having.:innocent0

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I personally have been buying as well, but not posting. Truth is, a few months ago I noticed that uploaded pictures were showing up even when you weren't logged in. I liked how it was before that you had to log in to see pictures. I'm sure it is a false sense of security, but I liked that since it would prevent things like google images and other search engine crawls from picking them up and adding them to their picture searches. Admins might have it set not to search (there are ways to exclude or request exclusion I believe) but I have no idea if they have taken any of those steps. I sorta doubt it. So, while I still post from time to time and visit daily, I'm not going to be posting up new acquisitions regularly even though I've gotten some pretty cool stuff this year I'd love to share.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Since things are so quiet in this C&R subheading, I don't see anymore need for this C&R subheading so I will contact the ADMIN and have them remove this C&R subheading from the forum to make room for a different subheading worth having.:innocent0

subforum on donuts?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Who's all going to the HOCO show tomorrow morning? I'll hopefully be there before/when it opens (I'm NOT working at the show this time).

C&R forum meetup anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom