• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boseefus402

Dec 31, 2013
    Cecil County
    It's been on my list to get a lifetime membership, but I missed out at the year end $500 lifetime membership deals.

Are there any going on right now? I Googled around but couldn't find any.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I would suspect there will be discounts as we get closer to the election or if there is significant legislative action to restrict gun rights due to recent terrorist activities. The discounts tend to run in cycles.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've often wondered at the need for lifetime membership. You will still be constantly bombarded for requests for more donations. You will also be asked to join the higher levels of membership: Endowment, Patron and Benefactor levels. Not to mention their willingness to provide help in setting up your estate so that a healthy part will go to the NRA after you have died.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    You can get them to turn off all of the constant solicitations. I've done it. You just need to call their 800 number and tell them you want all of it to stop. Give them your member number. Done.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I've often wondered at the need for lifetime membership. You will still be constantly bombarded for requests for more donations. You will also be asked to join the higher levels of membership: Endowment, Patron and Benefactor levels. Not to mention their willingness to provide help in setting up your estate so that a healthy part will go to the NRA after you have died.
    You can "just say no".

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

There is no "need" for a lifetime NRA membership, like there is no "need" to own a gun.

In addition to occasional discounts, NRA also offers payment plans to buy a life membership over time -- "easy pay life."

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I opted out of NRA solicitations and mailings on line.

I have received nothing except American Rifleman for years.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I told them HELL NO!!! You see they lie when they say they will support open carry but then when I asked them about against open carry laws they helped write in CA a few years ago and pointed out to them that every ccw federal lawsuit has been ruled against as well. Even now they are totally against open carry. All they want is your $$$ to support their golden parachutes when the top admin people retire... I know a few people here will disagree with me about the NRA but that your right to disagree. If you think about it, we might have a better chance with open carry then concealed carry right now..

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I told them HELL NO!!! You see they lie when they say they will support open carry but then when I asked them about against open carry laws they helped write in CA a few years ago and pointed out to them that every ccw federal lawsuit has been ruled against as well. Even now they are totally against open carry. All they want is your $$$ to support their golden parachutes when the top admin people retire... I know a few people here will disagree with me about the NRA but that your right to disagree. If you think about it, we might have a better chance with open carry then concealed carry right now..

You are all wet. The NRA is the only horse in our stable and ya best get on it. They are not perfect, but they do fight the major battles for us...life member.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, W. Germany

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

This is just factually inaccurate and demonstrably so. A current issue of NRA's magazine 1st Freedom has a very lengthy article on open carry laws, why they're good, and how NRA is fighting for them in state legislative bodies across the nation.

And as but one of many examples this link here entitled "Texas passes NRA backed Open Carry legislation" shows how NRA worked with one state to get open carry laws passed:

The National Rifle Association claims another victory for the law-abiding gun owners of Texas with the passage of House Bill 910. This landmark open-carry legislation, now headed to Gov. Greg Abbott’s desk for his expected signature, will bring the total number of states recognizing the right of open-carry to 44.

"The NRA is proud to have played a leading role in the passage of Texas open carry legislation” said NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox. “The passage of this common sense law expands law abiding citizens' right to exercise their constitutional freedoms and affirms Texans' long tradition of supporting the Second Amendment.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    If you go to the Maryland Shooters home page there is a link to join the NRA. The website will then receive a small commission.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    IIRC last time someone asked about discounted lifetime memberships someone else said if you call the Falls Church (not the 800) number and speak to them they will give you all the current "deals"

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have been an annual member for over 40 years, I usually just renew my membership when I go the Chantilly gun show, as it has the highest cover and you get in free and the membership fee is discounted. I am several years ahead on my renewals.I wish I had done the life membership years ago when it was $250, but now I don't think it makes sense to do the life membership, now that I am approaching 60 and have a limited cash flow.
    But I will not drop my membership until I die.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I can't remember how long I've been a lifetime member but it's been about 30 years. I still send them a little check once a year to help out. Money well spent in my opinion.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

You say that like it is a bad thing. After I am dead and gone, my firearms and a portion of my estate will be in the fight to preserve our 2A rights. It may not be immortality but it's close enough for me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have said this several times. I opted out on line and have received NOTHING for years until I got a robocall last night, which I have no problem with.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aray
    I respect your answer but i must disagree with you. The open carry lawsuit going on now in CA by Charles Nichols is and was opposed by the NRA See this post http://newsblaze.com/business/legal/where-is-the-nras-california-open-carry-lawsuit_59694/

They lied then and when I have asked reps within the past year from the NRA I was told that they oppose open carry.. Who knows mabe they might change their tune only to make them look good but in my book all they want is your $$$. For your info I live here in Silver Spring, MD not far from their HQ at all. I disagree with you about this sir...

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    You are all wet. The NRA is the only horse in our stable and ya best get on it. They are not perfect, but they do fight the major battles for us...life member.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, W. Germany

THIS.

I posted this in another thread.
    At 1:55:
    "I just came from a meeting today in the situation room.
    In which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites, livin’ here in the United States, US citizens
    And we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines.
    (Pointing finger) But because of the National Rifle Association I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun!
    (Stammer stammer…)"

[YT]LSEoVkl0W30[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom