• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Taneytown police chief, officer on administrative leave after FBI executed search warrant at department

The city of Taneytown has placed its chief of police, William Tyler, and another officer on administrative leave after federal law enforcement agents executed a sealed search warrant at the Taneytown Police Department on Tuesday.

Agents from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed the search, Jim Wieprecht, acting city manager, told the Carroll County Times.

“We don’t know the full nature of the matter,” Wieprecht said Thursday. “We’re looking into it.”

https://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/cc-fbi-visits-taneytown-police-20190117-story.html

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    "Crazy unclear"

This is crazy unclear

I don’t understand what you’re trying to convey.

What I'm trying to convey is that I've lived in this area of the County for 50 Yrs. I've known Bill Tyler for about that entire time. I don't know who the other officer is.
    I know this community. Rumor and twisted reports will abound. Most will be incorrect or just partly correct. That lasts a long time in a small town.
    I know and respect Bill Tyler and the job he's done. The "click bait"harm had been done before I posted here.
    Rob

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Are you trying to say that " Bill Tyler and another Officer" are the ones being searched? Why would that be? Or are you saying that the Feds are conducting the search on somebody else, because "Bill Tyler and another Officer" are on vacation somewhere, and thus are unavailable?

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Tis your job to interperat.

Are you trying to say that " Bill Tyler and another Officer" are the ones being searched? Why would that be? Or are you saying that the Feds are conducting the search on somebody else, because "Bill Tyler and another Officer" are on vacation somewhere, and thus are unavailable?

The Carr.Co. Times said the PD offices were searched. Less clear on the officer in Pa. Typical FBI/ATF is any mention for purpose/reason. The whole point of this it may as well be Bruceville? or maybe it is. (Gonna be interesting to see if anybody knows where Bruceville is without a search)

:rolleyes:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Taneytown police chief, officer on administrative leave after FBI executed search warrant at department

The city of Taneytown has placed its chief of police, William Tyler, and another officer on administrative leave after federal law enforcement agents executed a sealed search warrant at the Taneytown Police Department on Tuesday.

Agents from the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed the search, Jim Wieprecht, acting city manager, told the Carroll County Times.

“We don’t know the full nature of the matter,” Wieprecht said Thursday. “We’re looking into it.”

https://www.carrollcountytimes.com/news/local/cc-fbi-visits-taneytown-police-20190117-story.html

Why didn't the OP just say this? His post was meaningless.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Don't forget this doesn't have to be F, could be A or T. If they caught a cigarette smuggler and took the contraband home instead of turning it in, it could be as simple as that. And the famous brag that a good prosecutor could get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich - it could also be nothing.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Don't forget this doesn't have to be F, could be A or T. If they caught a cigarette smuggler and took the contraband home instead of turning it in, it could be as simple as that. And the famous brag that a good prosecutor could get a Grand Jury to indict a ham sandwich - it could also be nothing.

Not really how it typically works in the Federal system when they go after a local government.

I'm sure there is a pretty tight investigation when the agent goes to his boss and wants to do a search warrant on another law enforcement agency. I'd suspect there is a C.I. conducting a buy or a wire tap.

While yes there is the "innocent till proven guilty" in our system but the Fed's really aren't interested in wasting their time in cases that the Federal Attorney hasn't already agreed they would charge and indict on. And they like to keep their 90%+ conviction rate.

I am certain none of the targets of the search warrant are relaxed about this.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Worst OP of the year nominee.

Tips for success:
    1. Use complete sentences.
    2. Include who, what, when, where and why.
    3. If you can’t do the above, post a link to a published news story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom