• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Looking for an attorney to create a legit trust for me. I used will maker pro around 6 years ago because I was cheap and the more I read the more issues my wife and kids can have in the event I die. I am looking to get a legit trust create where I do not have to worry. Any one know of someone who can help me out with that. Thanks

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Looking for an attorney to create a legit trust for me. I used will maker pro around 6 years ago because I was cheap and the more I read the more issues my wife and kids can have in the event I die. I am looking to get a legit trust create where I do not have to worry. Any one know of someone who can help me out with that. Thanks
    Brittany Stouffer at Marylandguntrust.com

NattyBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2010
    Dont use Rusty, I used him and I went back to him via email because I had some questions... He told me I had to pay to talk to him about a trust he made for me. So much for that now... I'll go to Brittany Stouffer at Marylandguntrust.com, if I ever need help. Hopefully she would help me out if need be.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Dont use Rusty, I used him and I went back to him via email because I had some questions... He told me I had to pay to talk to him about a trust he made for me. So much for that now... I'll go to Brittany Stouffer at Marylandguntrust.com, if I ever need help. Hopefully she would help me out if need be.

^that. If my trust needs to be redone, I'm going to spend good money fixing anything he didn't do/got wrong instead of having it done right the first time.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Brittany Stouffer at Marylandguntrust.com

I just emailed her last night to see about having my trust changed up.

I sent an email through their website, if I don't hear back today, I'll give them a call. I have a week off and want to get it changed as quick as I can.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I'll go to Brittany Stouffer at Marylandguntrust.com, if I ever need help. Hopefully she would help me out if need be.

I just talked to someone at their offices yesterday. I was looking to amend a trust that I had done online and needed to amend it to remove a trustee.

The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and professional. Basically, what I was going to have done was have a new trust written up using the name of the original trust and the date that the original trust was signed, with the trustee removed. It sounded perfect until I was told it would be $400.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Not sure on your situation and IANAL, but you could use the Silencer Shop trusts for new purchases. There is nothing stating you can't have more than one trust. But you have remember what item goes with which trust.
    If it is more than that, you would want a lawyer to do it. Yes, it will cost money, but it will be done correctly.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Not sure on your situation and IANAL, but you could use the Silencer Shop trusts for new purchases. There is nothing stating you can't have more than one trust. But you have remember what item goes with which trust.
    If it is more than that, you would want a lawyer to do it. Yes, it will cost money, but it will be done correctly.

I would go that route for certain things. But, the next couple items I am looking to buy are integrally suppressed items that are not offered through Silencer Shop.

I'm trying to convince the trustee on my trust to let me pay for his fingerprints and photographs so no changes have to be made. But, he's not budging so far.

I'll probably just purchase the amendment paperwork through the online service I used to establish the trust.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    ball park how much they charge?

I contacted them to see if they would re-do a trust I purchased online so I could remove a trustee. It was recommended that I have them prepare a new trust with the date my original trust was completed and they would remove the trustee and set his up as a beneficiary. I was told this would cost me $400 by the attorney I spoke with.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    ball park how much they charge?

I do not know how much Brittany charges, but full blown trusts are not cheap to set up. I had one made in 2000 and if I remember right, it cost me between $1000-1500 at that time. But I figured it was $$ well spent as the trust will help my beneficiaries avoid most of the inheritance costs associated with probate. However, if all you want is an NFA trust to buy cans, then of course the cost will be much lower.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom