• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Just a heads up for any forum member interested. The Aberdeen Walmart has one Ruger Mini 14 Ranch with wood furniture for sale @ $667.00. As of ten minutes ago.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Maybe a harbinger of things to come. The gun catalog at the Mount Airy store had $730 hand written next to the Mini 14 Ranch rifle when I was thumbing through the catalog last week.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I bought one of the Walmart Mini-14s about a year ago, at the California, MD store. Took off the wood stock and installed a Hogue rubberized stock. I really like the feel and the fit of it. Great gun at a very good price. The Dunkirk store has two of them as of yesterday, had 4 last week.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I bought one of the Walmart Mini-14s about a year ago, at the California, MD store. Took off the wood stock and installed a Hogue rubberized stock. I really like the feel and the fit of it. Great gun at a very good price. The Dunkirk store has two of them as of yesterday, had 4 last week.

You and Buff7mm need to shoot together sometime :D

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    OFTEN used has less than a box of ammo shot through them, shop around. Id go used from a private party over a leo organization because they often were used to train entire classes and they may have 1,000's of rounds through them. Take the state prison system, they have classes every 6 weeks or so, they are shot a LOT in training. Not all but often so checking the bore is essential.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    OFTEN used has less than a box of ammo shot through them, shop around. Id go used from a private party over a leo organization because they often were used to train entire classes and they may have 1,000's of rounds through them. Take the state prison system, they have classes every 6 weeks or so, they are shot a LOT in training. Not all but often so checking the bore is essential.

If you have a trained eye some LE trade ins can be great. Departments buy firearms and a certain amount of spares. If you are good you can find the spares which will almost be brand new.

I havent been lucky enough to find spares....but they are out there.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I was in Shooter's Discount last Friday and Lou had some really nice Mini-14's in his rack. I don't remember the exact price but they were reasonable. PM Lou and he will tell you. They definately look better than the ones Walmart in Dunkirk has on their shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom