• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Christ the King Church, Manville, NJ. It was a very Polish church when I was growing up.

I wish I knew a good local source.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Was thinking Aldi too.

Great now I’m hungry! :D

pierogi+z+mięsem.JPG

That's some good looking pierogi.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Do you know the days / hours she is open?

To add to the list of places, there is a little roadside stand north of Damascus south of Mt. Airy near the lou and joes, the lady's name is Marta she is truly polish and she sells the most magical pierogis you have ever had. The stand is a little quasit style hut on the side of the road.

attached a picture for identification, Google's puts this near 1170 Ridge Road.

And when you stop there go to Lou and Joes and get some great Pad Thai .... two spicy pepper and a beer it's worth the trip.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Take 83 to Harrisburg to 81 north. When you get to MM 100 you'll be near Pine grove PA. From there head north to the Minersville Exit then head into town.
    PA anthracite coal region, its like pierogi (perohi) heaven. Hand rolled to order almost everyday of the week.
    Go to any Church for the real deal. Minersville, Pottsville, Port Carbon, Shamokin, Mahanoy City, Ashland, Girardsville, Schuylkill Haven Frackville anywhere in the region.
    My Baba and Gig were poor so we never had any that were stuffed with anything but potato with onion and sour cream on top
    Get a case of quarts while your there. I attached a link of the language so you can score a nice box if you happen near Shendo.
    http://www.coalregion.com/speak/speako.php

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Subscribed to this thread...I haven't been able to find anything but Ms Ts around here and they simply don't cut it. This also reminds me that I need to hit up the Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh when I'm back for the holidays to get a pierogi pizza.
    It is pretty good. Best pierogis at Pierogis Plus in McKees Rocks,PA.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Do you know the days / hours she is open?

Can you please also ask what type of pierogi's she makes. Sauerkraut and mushrooms are my favorite

I just got word from my buddy, Marta has apparently closed up shop, but he too recommends the Kielbasa factory and in particular their frozen Alexandra's pierogis.

My buddy is ethnic polish from Pittsburgh and his polish radar is very high!!

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    normally I use Poppy's - don't like ms T's

fry up some onions - rings not chopped into little pieces, be sure to season them - taste them, they should taste good

put them in a microwavable bowl for later reheating

main course

boil frozen potato/cheddar periogies

salt the water you boil them in - it should taste like the ocean

then fry them half oil, half butter
    have a lid handy - they splatter

fry them to just firm, not hard - firms up the dough and gets rid of water

serve with sour cream and onions over them

Attachments

• temp5.jpg
      temp5.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 186
    Last edited:

TheDonMD

Mar 18, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm originally from Buffalo / Niagara Falls and the two things I miss the most are the Friday fish fry specials everywhere and the Polish owned bars with homemade pierogi night. My favorite were the sauerkraut filled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom