• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Heard all about this in an email yesterday from the school. My daughter goes there. I'm friends with the guy in charge of the school resource officers (among other things) for HCPD. He had a busy morning.
    We got an email last week saying a student had brought a knife to school. (Somebody different)
    My daughter knows both of the girls (not friends with them however)
    Seems to be a severe lack of parenting going on when two high school freshman girls brings knives to school.
    God I wish I could leave this state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "When two staff members tried to break up the fight, they sustained minor injuries"

What kind of idiot gets between 2 other idiots going at each other with knives?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    "When two staff members tried to break up the fight, they sustained minor injuries"

Let us not blame innocent victims.

If they had small knives it's likely they thought it was a fist fight.

Regardless why put any blame on the folks who are trying to preserve life?

Part of the problem with society today.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Actually what bothers me is that administrators seemed to blame the knives. My kids have these small pocket knives, and I practically have a collection. They also have little souvenir shell casings from times that they have shot cool guns. I am obsessively worried that they accidentally bring them to school.

Actually, they have hinted that they know how to hide things from administrators. Good to know what they are really learning.

Obviously this would not have happened if the knives were not present. :sarcasm:

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Doesn't everyone love each other in Columbia? Really I'm amazed it made it to the public. Most crime in Columbia is never made public. Columbia being the best city in the country and all that.

Rouse's dream failed to factor in human nature. On the surface he tried to minimize "divisive" things like churches, while laying a foundation destined to rot by putting subsidized housing on the midst of upper middle class homes. The statistics are clear and were entirely predictable. The schools and businesses near the subsidized housing suffer poor performance and crime.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Rouse's dream failed to factor in human nature. On the surface he tried to minimize "divisive" things like churches, while laying a foundation destined to rot by putting subsidized housing on the midst of upper middle class homes. The statistics are clear and were entirely predictable. The schools and businesses near the subsidized housing suffer poor performance and crime.

Verifiably true ^

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

I would absolutely step in to keep a kid from getting cut up. Your job as an educator includes safeguarding your kids. One kid had a knife out, the other kid's knife was discovered later. My form of breaking up a fight when one has a knife would probably offend the sensibilities of most of columbia people and likely get me in trouble though.

It's funny to me what things make the news from schools. We had a principal here get slashed by scissors when a kid was throwing a tantrum with them a couple years ago. No news and a 1.5 day suspension. lolz. We also had a kid that got bumped out from here for behavior problems(hard to do in a regional ed school) sitting in the bushes out back with a pellet gun and making threats to shoot various people.... nothing in the news. Most people have absolutely no clue about the kinds of things that happen in our schools on a regular basis.

If you're a parent, be sure to volunteer your time and be in the building during school hours for a day or two every once in a while to get the feel of the school. Many of our parents that got paraeducator jobs or started subbing were shocked and told me the neighborhood parents have no idea about the types of behaviors and responses there are in schools with their kids.

It's part of the reason my sons will be taking jujitsu and muay thai, and I'll be giving them the green light to take kids out that are threats to them if they've tried going to an adult and the adult hasn't done anything to stop it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone know why the resource officer wasn't there? I know they're not there all the time but some schools warrant it.
    Also I heard a little something on the scanner a couple weeks back on a Sunday afternoon. The principal called the police about a video circulating that was either threatening or racist in nature. I wonder if this is connected?

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    My oldest is a sophomore at a Baltimore County school. He comes home with stories at least once a week that just make me shake my head. I have no idea how they manage to actually educate a fairly large percentage of their students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom