• Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks a bunch. Copies going in to both range bags & all rifle cases.

I can see it now. Hold on a minute officer, let me reach in my range bag. I have something to show you. :innocent0

I would keep a copy in the glove box too.....

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Whenever I teach classes, I always make sure to distribute a copy of the Bowen letter to my attendees.

Friend just emailed me the following:
    While there, I spoke briefly with one of their firearms instructors regarding the legality of transporting ammo in a magazine, separate from a firearm. He advised that the 2010 letter you gave me is no longer valid because Maryland law changed in 2013. He said that current Maryland statutes prohibit the transportation of ammo in magazines, unless the person is licensed to carry a loaded weapon.

Is this BS info?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Friend just emailed me the following:
    While there, I spoke briefly with one of their firearms instructors regarding the legality of transporting ammo in a magazine, separate from a firearm. He advised that the 2010 letter you gave me is no longer valid because Maryland law changed in 2013. He said that current Maryland statutes prohibit the transportation of ammo in magazines, unless the person is licensed to carry a loaded weapon.

Is this BS info?

Then he should be able to cite the Code for such a change.

FYI, There is none and he/she is wrong.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Never patronized the establishment, as it isn't close to me, or not part of a circuit of multiple gun shops for a trip on purpose. Maybe someday I'll be in the neighborhood for other purpose and have free time ?

But the #4 on origional list of grievences isn't on them . That is MSP policy . Not backed by statute or. COMAR , but is their policy for everyone.

Wrong. 8th day IS NOT MSP POLICY. I proved this at a LGS that was willing to listen. Did paperwork on Thursday and received ND email the following Thursday. I walked in the they said I had to wait until Friday (8th day) regardless of email. After some minor discussion he decided to call MSP to "prove me wrong." MSP confirmed that day 1 is the day the purchase is started and I was able to walk out with my purchase.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Wrong. 8th day IS NOT MSP POLICY. I proved this at a LGS that was willing to listen. Did paperwork on Thursday and received ND email the following Thursday. I walked in the they said I had to wait until Friday (8th day) regardless of email. After some minor discussion he decided to call MSP to "prove me wrong." MSP confirmed that day 1 is the day the purchase is started and I was able to walk out with my purchase.

There shouldn't be any question about release dates sine the electronic 77R started. The Police provide a transfer date on the vendor's Final disposition screen. In fact, they will not allow a transfer until that date. FYI, the release IS on the 8th day...i.e. The day after the 7 day waiting period ends. Day 1 is the actual day the transaction is initiated. Day 8, by this recockoning, is exactly 1 week after application is submitted. The only exception to the 8th day release is when the day before the normal release date falls on a Sunday or a Federal holiday, the release is delayed a day. Try buying a regulated firearm on a Monday, the 7th day will fall on a Sunday and release can't happen until Tuesday. It has actually happened to me since the electronic 77R started. But, it's all a moot point with electronic 77R. Transfer cannot happen until the system allows it and the dealer is given that date right on the system. The buyer receives his email on the day of the release (initially some were notified a day prior to the release date. That not longer happens presumably becauae it created problems).

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    There shouldn't be any question about release dates sine the electronic 77R started. The Police provide a transfer date on the vendor's Final disposition screen. In fact, they will not allow a transfer until that date. FYI, the release IS on the 8th day...i.e. The day after the 7 day waiting period ends. Day 1 is the actual day the transaction is initiated. Day 8, by this recockoning, is exactly 1 week after application is submitted. The only exception to the 8th day release is when the day before the normal release date falls on a Sunday or a Federal holiday, the release is delayed a day. Try buying a regulated firearm on a Monday, the 7th day will fall on a Sunday and release can't happen until Tuesday. It has actually happened to me since the electronic 77R started. But, it's all a moot point with electronic 77R. Transfer cannot happen until the system allows it and the dealer is given that date right on the system. The buyer receives his email on the day of the release (initially some were notified a day prior to the release date. That not longer happens presumably becauae it created problems).

You are correct. It's just semantics. Many gun shops are not counting the submission day as day 1. Instead of Thursday to Thursday they are saying Thursday to Friday regardless of the email from MSP. Clydes is one such place.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    You are correct. It's just semantics. Many gun shops are not counting the submission day as day 1. Instead of Thursday to Thursday they are saying Thursday to Friday regardless of the email from MSP. Clydes is one such place.

Gun Connection got me on this. I took my ND email in to pick up and the guy told me I had to come back the next day. The said they didn't want to lose their license for releasing too early. I had the Fn ND from the MSP. It was my first and last purchase from them. I did not argue with them. Their shop their rules.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Gun Connection got me on this. I took my ND email in to pick up and the guy told me I had to come back the next day. The said they didn't want to lose their license for releasing too early. I had the Fn ND from the MSP. It was my first and last purchase from them. I did not argue with them. Their shop their rules.

Gotta love MD FFLs that think that the MDSP built an automated system to violate the law.

That is some serious paranoia right there. :lol2::lol2:

Shoyo

Mar 27, 2018
    Add me to the list of "never going back"
    Ive never given a bad review in my life, I have to recommend to anyone in the market for anything firearm/2A related to avoid this establishment. They will take advantage of anyone that lets them.
    "Fool me once, you cant fool me again!"-GDub

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom