• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Anyone know if the cz82 can be converted to 9mm luger/para if so is it worth doing ?

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    It's an interesting thought, but I think Eddie's right. Out of curiosity I grabbed a CZ82 mag and compared a WWB 9mm round to it...no way it'll fit, far too long. My 9mm reloads with 102 gr cast bullets are close, but still no cigar.

You CAN convert a CZ52 to 9mm. 7.62x25 mags handle 9mm rounds just fine. :)

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    If you want to change the caliber you can use the same frame and I think the same magazine, but I think you have to change the slide and barrel.
    The CZ83 slide in .32 ACP or .380 ACP should slip right on, but you would have to change the barrel too which is not as easy for a fixed barrel pistol. However, buying the CZ83 slide and barrel and pressing a new barrel in place on a CZ82 lower would be a whole lot cheaper than buying a CZ83.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Are you thinking about the conversion because 9mm ammo is more readily available, or because it's more powerful?

Because if it's the power issue, I seem to remember reading where someone had worked up 9x18 loads in the CZ82 which were almost up to 9mm Luger levels.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Are you thinking about the conversion because 9mm ammo is more readily available, or because it's more powerful?

Because if it's the power issue, I seem to remember reading where someone had worked up 9x18 loads in the CZ82 which were almost up to 9mm Luger levels.
    I remember reading the Czechs claming the 9x18 they used in the CZ 82 were 20% more powerful than the usual 9x18. However I have seen no place to confirm this.

TripleChris

Apr 10, 2009
    Pasadena, MD
    Blowback pistols can only handle so much. The CZ82 in 9mm Mak loaded to the max is about as much grunt as you can get from it without risking damage to the gun and injury to the shooter. I think a CZ 82 chambered in .32 NAA would be an awesome shooter.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I think the chambers are close enough that a qualified gunsmith would be able to bore out the chamber to fit 9x19, however you still have the problem that the 9x18 bullet is about 1/100th of an inch wider across than the 9x19, so there might be head space and accuracy issues, especially with the micro-groove rifling on the CZ-82. Bear in mind too that it would probably have a nasty amount of recoil snap to it as a blowback action. So no, it's pretty much impossible unless someone starts making (and thoroughly tests!) a 9x19 barrel for the CZ-82.

9x18 is also a much stronger round than 380 ACP. I would stick with it the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom