• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I think the only reason anybody wants to buy just the receiver of a 10/22 is to not waste money on the stuff that they're not going to use anyway (stock, barrel, etc)

If they're going to be near equal in price......well heck I'll take the extras, please.

edit....nevermind. After looking at the pictures, the flat top makes it worth it to me.

Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    People that are really into their 10/22s don't really care about the cost, for the most part.

Those receivers and the ones from places like Volquartsen and Magnum Research are not aimed at the "casual" 10/22 owner. Those are aimed at people that want the trickest gun on the range, regardless of the price.

I probably wouldn't get one, but don't begrudge someone for wanting to do so.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Why wouldn't you just buy an AR receiver for that price, and stick a .22 upper on it?

I'm not being critical or rhetorical, that is an honest question... does the 10/22 platform offer more in the way of accuracy, or is it the availability of aftermarket barrels, etc?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Why wouldn't you just buy an AR receiver for that price, and stick a .22 upper on it?

I'm not being critical or rhetorical, that is an honest question... does the 10/22 platform offer more in the way of accuracy, or is it the availability of aftermarket barrels, etc?

Who knows...there's no real logic in a lot of things that gun owners do. :D

The same could be said of people into other expensive hobbies as well.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    AR's are inherently evil, everyone knows that.

Got to agree will Spot on this one, why by the whole rifle when you are going to toss the trigger group, stock and barrel.

But also, that receiver has an integral adjustable rear peep and scope rail. Those two items right there are going to cost significantly from a good source.

Lunchbox

Nov 8, 2007
    AA Co.
    Am I the only one that thinks it looks kinda stupid on a 10/22? I don't like that rear sight or rail at all......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom