• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    got two mags for cz52 for 17 each and 5 stripper clips for the mosin for 1.50 each. not a bad deal. they did have boxes of surp 7.62x54 ammo at tony's goin for 6 bucks/box which idnt that great but each box came with 3 stripper clips...saw that after i already made my purchases for the day....on a side note they did have a nice mud-bog to play around in outside thanx to the rain....got the ol' fusion nice n dirty. dont get a chance to go muddin anymore now that my exploder's traded in so it was a welcome treat.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    Went today and was ok,prices just keep going up. Got some AK and Ar 30rd mags and a few ods and ends. Piged out at Willards. LOL. I think you need to do a transfer on the ak. Not sure.Not too bad I too like Harrisburg. York should be very good in May, will be going to that one for sure. Doug.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I was disappointed by Harrisburg last time, it seems to weaken every year. 10 years ago it was a totally different show.

York I have found to be hit or miss. If I have a reason to go I will, but usually dont see anything I dont see at Chantilly. Of course I am not buying a lot of guns at this point, mostly just "gun chow"

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Change of plans

I plan on going on Sunday and arrive when it opens. Best time to be able to get close to the tables and see whats for sale. Usually leave before noon when its too crowded.. :D

I went on Saturday. Got 1500 rounds of 5.56 in a private sale, good deal. The rest of the day was window shopping, got a couple of window P-mags for $35, a factory refinished M1 bayonet and one still in the wrap scabbard for $100. Bought a little Golden Bear 7.62X39 ammo for $4.00 a box of 20. I think this ammo will be the next to see a big cost increase. It has been this price for too long considering the other ammo increases. :mad54:

kegan32

Apr 13, 2008
    I think the promoters are going overboard on their admission prices. Its now up to $12.00 to get in. What will it be next year, $15.00? I for one will no longer go as often as I use to. I use to go to 4 per year at $10.00 for a total of $40, but have cut back to two for a total of $24.00. A savings to me of $16.00 and a decrease in their profits for that amount. So whose ahead. ME! Come on promoters, be reasonable. Maybe next year, I'll only go one time.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    By the way did anyone see any 6.8 or 6.5 stuff (mags etc)? I saw a few boxes of Wolf 6.5 grendel (interesting they are making it) and a couple bolt actions in 6.8 SPC

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Just got home from the show. Guns were pretty overpriced. I didn't see too many people filling out paperwork or walking away with that many guns. Mixmaster GI 1911s were going for 2 grand. :sad20:

The one Class III dealer had some insane stuff!! The Stoner 63 machine gun was incredible!! He was asking 65 grand for it. Talk about being in some rare company if you can afford to play in that price range though. :thumbsup: It was the first Stoner I'd ever seen. He also had a German FG-42 paratrooper rifle which I think he said was 38k? The was an M60 machine gun too. He also had a nice Springfield M14 priced at 13k.

I walked with some AK mags, cleaning supplies, and a Chip McCormick 1911 magazine.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I was a little surprised at the new $12 admission, too. Not as surprised as I was at $6 for a coke and hotdog, but still, surprised.

I got some powder and primers. After thinking about it, for $24, I should have bought more primers than I did. Nothing in bullets that interested me. Midway will be back in stock soon, and I didn't see what I needed that beat their price. Guns were a little high, and way too many cheap knives. I picked up some 7.62X39 for the SKS, a shooting bag, and some misc accessories, no BFD. Saw MANY more VA State Police than normal, don't know what was up with that, though they seemed cool with everyone. I was looking, (just to fondle), a Ruger SP101 in the new .327, but I didn't come across one.

Overall, a good day out with my best friend, but not too great. Still better than the MD shows. He's just getting into reloading, and got all of his components, but no press. I saw much better deals up at York last time. Hope everyone had a good time.

MH

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I got a factory Glock 31-rd mag (the +2 bumper was replaced with a stock one, I feel like a dumbass) and 2 black PMAGs, a Hogue Handall grip for the SIG P6, and a SERPA CQC holster for the Glock. OC'd while I was down there, and inside the Texas Roadhouse right near the Expo Center. Didn't get more than a glance from anyone. It didn't even feel unnatural walking around like that. It just felt *right*. I felt stupid having to pack the pistol away in the car before getting back on the road though.... MD needs to get with the program....

Anyway, back to the show! I feel bummed about not getting the mag extension on the Glock mag, but it was $29, and at the same place as the PMAGs so I figured oh well. I can always get mag extensions from Midway, I think they're like $5/2 factory ones.

I saw a Mark 23 SOCOM for $1800 brand new, which is a really good deal. I've never seen them under $2k. However, both me and ylfotevoli were eyeing these Mossberg Persuaders (parkerized) that were going for $295. Seemed like a good deal... might have to get one at the show in July unless a MDShooters-friendly dealer would be able to do better ;)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    smores,

Is the Texas Roadhouse pretty gun friendly?

MH

I walked past at least 10 different servers while there, going to the bathroom twice. No one said a peep or even glanced as far as I could tell. I read up on OC-friendly spots on the VCDL forums before I went, and there were a lot of people who never had a problem at the Roadhouse, but one guy was asked to leave, and when he called the corporate office he was told it was a corporate policy. However, other forum members disagreed. Anyway, I decided I'd go up, and if they had any sort of "no open carry allowed" signs anywhere I wouldn't go in, and fully ready to comply with leaving if asked to. I was carrying both the pistol on my strong side and a spare magazine on my weak side in plain view, so anyone that took a look would have seen them (against a white shirt).

I looked all over the place near the entrance and saw no such prohibition notice, but I didn't ask either. However, no one said a word to me other than the guy at the door of the expo center who noticed my holster and asked if I was carrying. I showed him that it was empty (didn't feel like taking it off outside my car) and he was ok.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    yeah, i wasn't impressed with the prices either...though i did get what i originally planned on...namely some new 30rd AR mags with no-tilt followers and a pair of 50rd 10/22 mags.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    yeah, i wasn't impressed with the prices either...though i did get what i originally planned on...namely some new 30rd AR mags with no-tilt followers and a pair of 50rd 10/22 mags.

I did manage to find a CQC SERPA holster with the paddle attachment for $35... that was a good deal. I've seen those for $60 at Atlantic Guns! I think they're $40 with C&R discount on MidwayUSA...

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    without any permits?

Our blessed neighbors in VA are lucky enough to have this in their state constitution:

Article I, Section 13

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people,trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state,therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom