Oct. 2, 3 & 4, 2009

Nov. 20, 21 & 22, 2009

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    NRA Membership

Hmm I might be headed down on Sunday.

How many of you get free entrance by joining the NRA? Ive got about 4 years of membership ahead of me from going to those shows. I figure the show is what, $10? and a year membership is $35, but at the show (or NRA HQ) its $25, so what the hell.

They always give me a blank look when I reply about renewing my life membership to get in free:lol2:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They always give me a blank look when I reply about renewing my life membership to get in free

They will let you in free if you sign up someone for a "gift" membership. If you don't have any friends or family interested, I think Vallaro, Sarah Brady, or even Barak Obama would be very grateful for the gesture and free membership, who knows they might even learn something;)

R2.0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2008
    I'm going Sunday with smores from MoCo. Willing to carpool (will probably be there about 4 hours).

Smores is planning to open carry (he's so excited :D) to Texas Roadhouse after.

I'd be interested - I wasn't planning on going (lack of fundage) but I could go there for a couple hours.

I live in Poolesville - I typically go over White's Ferry.

ylfotevoli

Sep 5, 2007
    Salisbury, MD
    I'd be interested - I wasn't planning on going (lack of fundage) but I could go there for a couple hours.

I live in Poolesville - I typically go over White's Ferry.

Hmmmmm....I might have to hit you guys up about hitching a ride with you down there. The long hours spent there do not bug me at all since that gives me plenty of time to fondle things that I cannot afford and then mosey on out of there with the little tidbits that I can afford. What time Sunday are you all heading down there? And is smores going to open carry the Steyr or the Sig? :lol:

PM smores you guys. He is driving and I think we are trying to leave Germantown around 10 AM. Maybe R2.0 can drive to his house and we can probably pick Mil-Surp-Phreak up on the way down. See you guys Sunday. :beer:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I just got back, usual Chantilly with decent deals on mags and accessories. Not a huge amount in long-arms that interested me. AK, SKS, and ammo prices are relatively high but 5.56 seems to be calming down a bit (back to the $65/200 range for the lowgrade stuff and wolf for $130/500). A few Yugo SKS's at reasonable prices.

What did I buy, 500 rounds of wolf 5.56, 50 rounds of Federal buckshot, a couple stray boxes of S&B .303 and some Pmags. Didnt even see that 33rd Glock at a reasonable price. Oh and accidently bought some reloaded 9mm that I forgot I am not supposed to run through the glock, oh well it was cheap I will run it through the CZ.

My father did better picked up a 6 digit Inland M1, non-import, in better than average shape, private sale (seller was from the same state as he is).

Unfortunately nothing on my near term wishlist, no Medusa M47s that I could see, no 590A1s, no reasonable Marlin Papoose's.........shame.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    Well I just officially joined the EBR crowd with a 16" M4gery flat-top upper to go with the RRA lower that I've had sitting around for a while. Also picked up the only Ciener kit that I saw available - certainly no bargain at $225, but without it, I'd not be able to play with my new toy in the backyard.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    What did I buy, 500 rounds of wolf 5.56, 50 rounds of Federal buckshot, a couple stray boxes of S&B .303 and some Pmags. Didnt even see that 33rd Glock at a reasonable price. Oh and accidently bought some reloaded 9mm that I forgot I am not supposed to run through the glock, oh well it was cheap I will run it through the CZ.

How much are we talkin' on those 33-round Glock mags? Did you see any of the Glock factory or Pearce +2 extensions? Also, how much were the PMAGs, $15?

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well smores and ylfotevoli I might be up for going to the show after all, my sister got the tickets for the Caps game but I can't afford $110 for the lower level so I let her have my ticket to sell to her co-worker. What time are you all thinking of heading down and would I still be able to hitch a ride down with you all if I spot you some cash for gas?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The Glock 33rders I saw were $35 to $49, sure not that bad. Guess I am just bitter I only bought one in February for $29 (that dealer was absent this show, a shame I have bought a lot of mags from them over the years). Glock 17 17 rd mags $15 used $19 new, have plenty decided I didnt need anymore. Didnt see any extensions but I also wasnt really looking for them.

PMags "non-window" were anywhere from $15 to $19 new and window mags were $20 to 25. Bough non-window, nifty new Olive drab color. With my existing stock of Aluminum AR mags that makes plenty for my Bushmaster ACR purchase next year.

The cheap 5.56 ammo and .30 carbine were going fast. Still kicking myself for not buying some PRVI (however it is spelled) 75 grain boat tail for $90 for 200. Ammo grab was getting pretty intense, as we get close November I expect it will get much worse.

There was a camelback talon pack I wanted, since the price of shipping is about the cost of the drive I may sneak back down tomorrow if I can evade the "misses".

(If anyone saw anything today on my wishlist please IM me, 590A1, Medusa (if i can get someone to send it to my FFL), CAI RPK under $400).

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I went down this morning. Picked up 2 GSG-5 mags ($35 ea) I went back to get more as I left but they were all gone. I got some 5.56 M193 ($70 for 200 rds), a 50 rd box of subsonic 158gr 9mm, I was not really looking for ammo but I picked up a little anyway. I got one of those new Lancer translucent AR mags ($20 and the mag seems pretty flimsy), and some more P-mags. P-mags were $15 for regular ones and $18 for window mag at pretty much all the tables that had them. Glock 33rds mags were $28-$30 and there were plenty of them around - I did not see any as high as Jimbob2.0 posted. USGI AR mags were around $12 ea at most tables. I saw some 50rd and 100rd SKS mags that were pretty strange looking. Couple of Class 3 dealers there with $40K BARs and $40K MG42's...nice to look at. I wanted to pick up the jet funnel kit for my Hk USP .40 and get some more mags but the kit was $89 and the mags were $62ea so I passed this time. I did not get a beta mag, but they were available for around $250.

It was OK not as good as I remember - I liked Harrisburg better. I really wanted to get some parts to finish up some builds but could not find what I was looking for...I guess part of the fun in building is collecting parts.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hmmmmm is this motivating a second trip? To be honest I wasnt looking that hard for the 33rdrs as it was about 10th on my list. We were primarily hunting a Carbine. Guess I just wasnt looking hard enough.

JCB003 was the 193 you picked up the Serbian stuff? I have a pile of it which I havent shot from the last couple shows (along with some of that Serbian SS109) so I wanted to get some to the range before I bought more.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Yeah Serbian - Prvi Partisan. I should have picked up more, but was running out of cash. Works out to $350 / 1000...which sad to say is not bad. I'd like to have a couple thousand rounds of the stuff. I picked up 1K of LC M855 a year ago for $300 and I thought that was high.

I usually get one 33rd mag at every show I go to, I must have 10 of them.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    pics of guns purchased if anyone bought any?

sounds like everyone bought clips and ammo..

houserocker

Guero Loco
    Jan 14, 2008
    Laurel, DE
    Picked up 500 rounds of 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for $95 total and 50ea. of .45ACP & .38 Special (9.95 reloads). Oh yeah, and a SKS sling for $5. Fun day.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Only my father bought a gun, and headed back home. Nice M1 carbine at a reasonable price, would have kicked him if he didnt buy it. He also bought a very nice Standard Products M1 in February.

Not to thread hi-jack but I have a really dumb question, what if you buy a AK in VA (not a regulated state) can you bring it back to MD legally? I didnt see anything I wanted but it is always good to know (would have been a more pertinant question if I had seen a cheap 5.45 AK to add to the collection, want a beater for all that cheap corrosive ammo) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom