• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Nations Gun Show - Dulles Expo / Chantilly VA April 11-13, 2008

Heads up / reminder on the Dulles show in VA...

http://thenationsgunshow.com/

Hopefully I can make it and I'll be looking for more parts to finish off my retro AR builds and more mags of course. There is usually a guy there selling USGI AR 30 rd mags (Okay Industries) for $10 ea or 10 for $90. I'd also like to pick up a beta mag and some more AK mags.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Im planning on heading down saturday, hopefully I can find a 75rd drum for my yugo M70. I got the shoulder mounted bump and dump technique going pretty good at the spring shoot, and can't wait to try it out with a drum at the next mdshooters event:)

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm heading down on Sunday. Looking for a buffer tube for my new AR lower, a cheap drag bag that can hold two rifles, and misc. reloading supplies. Can't forget a few 30 round magazines while I'm there.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    Have they always opened on Friday afternoon?? and if so are all the vendors set up, or are there still a lot of open tables? Just trying to decide if I can get there on Friday or Saturday.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Have they always opened on Friday afternoon?? and if so are all the vendors set up, or are there still a lot of open tables? Just trying to decide if I can get there on Friday or Saturday.

I think all the shows at Chantilly open up Friday evening, and yes, most of the vendors are set up.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anyone from AA County heading over?

GunnyHwy

Oct 18, 2007
    Howard County
    I'm going Fri after work. My agenda is ammo and mags. I should have bought more 7.62X39 last time I was there. Thinking about a home defense shotgun as well.

ylfotevoli

Sep 5, 2007
    Salisbury, MD
    I'm going Sunday with smores from MoCo. Willing to carpool (will probably be there about 4 hours).

Smores is planning to open carry (he's so excited :D) to Texas Roadhouse after.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Hmm I might be headed down on Sunday.

How many of you get free entrance by joining the NRA? Ive got about 4 years of membership ahead of me from going to those shows. I figure the show is what, $10? and a year membership is $35, but at the show (or NRA HQ) its $25, so what the hell.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I'm going Sunday with smores from MoCo. Willing to carpool (will probably be there about 4 hours).

Hmmmmm....I might have to hit you guys up about hitching a ride with you down there. The long hours spent there do not bug me at all since that gives me plenty of time to fondle things that I cannot afford and then mosey on out of there with the little tidbits that I can afford. What time Sunday are you all heading down there? And is smores going to open carry the Steyr or the Sig? :lol:

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Dullas Show

I plan on going on Sunday and arrive when it opens. Best time to be able to get close to the tables and see whats for sale. Usually leave before noon when its too crowded.. :D

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i'll hopefully be going and maybe i can pick up a cheap rifle for 200 bucks lol im broke

anyone who goes should make a ghetto white t shirt and put mdshooters somwhere on it and put their username..

i hope i'll get somone to take me down saturday

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Yes, it will be a good time! Eating steak with a piece on my hip! (and drinking soda!) :D As for what I'm carrying, I'm not sure. I think I'd like to carry the Steyr, but I'm a little wary since my holster has no thumb break or other retention. However, I'm very familiar with it and I can carry an extra mag too. I can just stay on code "orange" and be extra alert so no one tries a snatch move. The holster for the SIG has VERY good retention, almost too good. I don't have enough time to practice with it before this weekend to feel comfortable, I don't think. Or I could break out the CZ-75 in my low-slung Bianchi Border Patrol holster... hmmm... decisions decisions....

I may get a couple PMAGs, and a Glock 33rder. Maybe some ammo. I need to limit my spending... :o

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Yes, it will be a good time! Eating steak with a piece on my hip! (and drinking soda!) :D As for what I'm carrying, I'm not sure. I think I'd like to carry the Steyr, but I'm a little wary since my holster has no thumb break or other retention. However, I'm very familiar with it and I can carry an extra mag too. I can just stay on code "orange" and be extra alert so no one tries a snatch move. The holster for the SIG has VERY good retention, almost too good. I don't have enough time to practice with it before this weekend to feel comfortable, I don't think. Or I could break out the CZ-75 in my low-slung Bianchi Border Patrol holster... hmmm... decisions decisions....

I may get a couple PMAGs, and a Glock 33rder. Maybe some ammo. I need to limit my spending... :o
    OC the glock with a 33rd mag :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom