• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I finally got around to ordering my SBR upper today! As a slightly early birthday present I went with a LMT 10.5" upper. The lower has been ready and waiting for months. I also got some other goodies - BCG, rail panels, a set of Hk style diopter sights, a rifle buffer for my retro build and a Magpul CTR stock.

Need to start saving to fit out my 2 remaining SBR lowers. I'll post pics when it arrives hopefully sometime next week.

Last edited:

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    You'll be very happy with the LMT 10.5. I am. :)

As I understand, though, your everyday 55gr M193 is borderline on fragmentation velocity coming out of an SBR, so you may want to look into some of the heavy Black Hills stuff. TIBUW testing (Technically Inaccurate Blowing Up of Watermelons) shows that the heavier ammo packs more punch. :D

They're LOUD too. It won't feel that way with earplugs, but if you're not directly behind the muzzle, you can feel the blast pretty good.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Congrats!

LMT is tops for the 10.5" guns.

If I ever build another SBR 223 it will be a 10.5" LMT

The velocity lose is serious, they will only frag out to 50 yards or so, but for tactical paper and fruit operations they are good to go out to 100 yards easy. They are great for CQB distiances though.

They are loud though. I put a Gem Tech M4-02 on one of my 11.5", it makes it shootable w/o ears, but just barely.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Well I got some bad news today...the upper is back ordered, it showed in stock on the website. I knew the box was too small. Oh well, the other goodies arrived and I installed my Magpul CTR and I am getting ready to install the diopter sights on my 9mm AR.

I also got back signed Forms 1's from MSP today for another SBR and they wrote a note to make sure I did not forget to include my blue cards when I sent them off to the ATF. Pretty cool! I remember when I dropped them off the lady asked me if I was a CLEO! I said no you guys are, I'm here for the signature - then I explained what I was doing and she understood. She was super nice and told me I should see them in a few weeks, which was about right at 3 weeks.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    No update...just that they don't know when they will be instock and they put me on a notification list. I'll probably spend the money at the York gunshow and then they will tell me it's back instock and I'll have no money to buy it.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Who did you order from? Paul at Bravo Co. shows them in stock.

I just finished building 2 10.5" uppers.

I use NOVESKE s/s barrels for all of my builds. John's poly rifling is tops. I'm just waiting on the form 4 to come back on my RAIDER and I will blow off a few rounds.

PS. Jeep: Thanks again for the gas tubes. Couldn't have done it without you. :thumbsup:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I ordered from Rainier Arms, I did see on their site a few days ago that they show it back in stock and I emailed them to check, but have not heard back. They usually respond quickly so I'll call them and see what the deal is. When I originally ordered it showed in stock, but that was wrong, then they put it as "out of stock", now it's showing available again.

I like Bravo Company too, I have one of their BCG's in my retro AR I'm building.

I would like to have a Noveske 10.5" CQB upper but it's too much $$$$ for me now - but I do have POF SBR lower waiting on one..

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I ordered from Rainier Arms, I did see on their site a few days ago that they show it back in stock and I emailed them to check, but have not heard back. They usually respond quickly so I'll call them and see what the deal is. When I originally ordered it showed in stock, but that was wrong, then they put it as "out of stock", now it's showing available again.

John is usually pretty good about getting back to people. I've never beed disappointed when dealing with Rainier.

So after the upper is in, what's next?

Rail System, Optics, Suppressor???

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Yeah I have ordered a few times from them with no issues. I got a reply from John at Rainier Arms this morning...the 10.5"s are in stock and I just ordered one. :)

As far as optics, rails and supressors go, I'm not sure. 5.56 supressor is on my list, but not at the top. I have a detachable carry handle I'll put on and probably keep the M4 handguards for now.

I'll post up some pics when it arrives.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    It's Alive....

Upper made it in today...this is the current setup. Now I got to get out and fire it up!

LMTSBR2.jpg

LMT 10.5 Upper
    LMT BCG
    POF Lower
    Magpul MIAD
    Magpul CTR
    Detachable carry handle

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    That's fricking sexxy!

All I can say is double ears! My 11.5's are loud!

Well I have you to blame, your rifles got me into SBR's. :D

I can't wait to shoot this thing but it's probably going to be a couple of weeks til I can get out.

I'm already thinking about my next build - something short, rails and in FDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom