• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    As I recall, the powder is made in Yugoslavia. At one time I know the factory made accurate #2 which is now made elsewhere. I've used it in 45 ACP and it was as good as any other powder in my tests of it. The price is right and there is data on their site. Give it a try.

Ken

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Made by Explosia, the makers of Lovex powders and Accurate powders. The Accurate I used for 308 in FAL and M14 was great stuff.
    If I can find it locally at ~$20 a pound I'll give it a try out. Maybe down in VA? Not worth ordering it if paying HAZMAT and shipping bring it up to Alliant/Hodgdon/IMR retail prices.
    They have chart that shows the Lovex number and Accurate Canister name on the their website. Also both Lovex and "Shooter's World" data.
    http://shootersworldsc.com/reloading-guide/

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've used 'no-name' powders before with good results. I have not used this brand, but as long as they come with comparative usage scales(for lack of a better word) as in "load the same as Titegroup" for instance, I would try a lb.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Example: they say Shooter's World Auto Pistol by Lovex "has a similar burn rate to Accurate No. 5". But also say to only use their published load data.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Made by Explosia, the makers of Lovex powders and Accurate powders. The Accurate I used for 308 in FAL and M14 was great stuff.
    If I can find it locally at ~$20 a pound I'll give it a try out. Maybe down in VA? Not worth ordering it if paying HAZMAT and shipping bring it up to Alliant/Hodgdon/IMR retail prices.
    They have chart that shows the Lovex number and Accurate Canister name on the their website. Also both Lovex and "Shooter's World" data.
    http://shootersworldsc.com/reloading-guide/

Can't comment on the 308 stuff but Accurate 2230 (great stuff for.223/5.56) is made in Belgium. Once upon a time AA2230 was made in Israel, but no more, it just shows the global nature of this business, here today, somewhere else tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom