• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Can someone tell me how to get a picture to resize for in the classifieds.
    Every time I try to list something it won't let me use a cover picture, it says it's to large and the default size says it needs to be 1500kb 900x900 px
    I can post pictures directly from my photo library into a thread using the manage attachments but not in the ads. I've been copying from photobucket and putting them directly into the body of the add but photobucket is being a pain in the ass today for some reason.

fiveloaves

Sep 9, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Not familiar with photobucket, but I have SnagIt software which has a resize function.
    If you want to send me your picture I can try to resize for you.
    PM me if interested and I'll send you my work email.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I use the crappy windows paint program. Right click on the picture file, hit edit, in the upper left is resize, make it the size you want, save to another folder, and boom. It works fairly easily. I don't always get it right the first try, persevere...

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I'm on an iPad/iPhone so I can't do the windows based stuff, at least I don't think I can. F****** technology. Crap I'm starting to sound like my dad.:o

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    It's a bit clunky, but it works if you have email access on your phone/ipad... just send the image via email to yourself from your photo album. When you do this, it will let you choose the size to mail... make it small or medium.

Now go to your email, save the pic to your device and use that one to post in your ad... it should work. ;)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Not familiar with photobucket, but I have SnagIt software which has a resize function.
    If you want to send me your picture I can try to resize for you.
    PM me if interested and I'll send you my work email.

Thanks, but it's not that big of a deal to have to go thru all that.:)
    :thumbsup:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    It's a bit clunky, but it works if you have email access on your phone/ipad... just send the image via email to yourself from your photo album. When you do this, it will let you choose the size to mail... make it small or medium.

Now go to your email, save the pic to your device and use that one to post in your ad... it should work. ;)

I'm gonna try that, I've seen it ask me that before.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    That's how I do it when I post pics here from the phone, I use a pc, cause it's easier, but I send the image as small or medium in many cases and just attach that. PB is a pain sometimes, so I don't go through the upload and link in most cases..

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That's how I do it when I post pics here from the phone, I use a pc, cause it's easier, but I send the image as small or medium in many cases and just attach that. PB is a pain sometimes, so I don't go through the upload and link in most cases..

I just tried it with the dies picture, sent it as small and it still says it's to big.
    No biggie, thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom