• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I searched "New thread" and this came up.:innocent0

You're not allowed to do that after the unspecified cutoff date that only certain idiots around here are privvy to.

Or all the little bitches will come and whine about "zombie threads" and demand that it be closed. :rolleyes:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    In general, if it's a current event type thread then don't bump old news. Also don't dupe current threads multiple times. If it's anything else feel free to bump an old thread or post a new one. Who cares. Well, i guess we actually do know who cares, but...:bigwhoop:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Attachments

• zk0ym.jpg
      zk0ym.jpg
      14.4 KB · Views: 105

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Its one thing if someone bumps an old thread to ask a relevant but new question in the thread ... asking for clarification of previous details for example ... but boarders on stupidity if the thread is just plain stale.

Examples:

An old thread about gun laws with a new post asking if the posts are still in line with current law would be legit.

"I am thinking about buy X type gun and am looking for suggestions" After a couple months, this probably doesn't need any response to the original post. After a few YEARS, a direct response to the original post is nothing short of post building or outright stupidity.

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    Alright, this is gettin' ridiculous. We need a definite answer here.

Recently an older thread was bumped, apparently by someone who used the search feature instead of startin' a new one. One of the more respected posters around here saw fit to holler at the guy before demandin' that the thread be closed. :tdown:

He's lucky I didn't find that before it was locked 'cuz I would've ripped him a new one. :mad54:

This now leaves a question. What the hell are new folks supposed to do??? On one hand people are gettin' lambasted for startin' a thread 'cuz we got umpteen bazillion threads on a given subject, and told to use the search feature instead.

Then, when someone does exactly that, and posts in a existin' thread they get attacked for that.

What is the RIGHT thing to do so people ain't gonna whine like a bunch of little girls?:rant2:
    I think that new members should be able to ask questions and get involved in the community, sometimes they are dupe threads sometimes they are not. I'm just glad that new members are getting involved and I hope they stick around to become part of the community, rather then just post once or twice.

Good post op

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think that new members should be able to ask questions and get involved in the community, sometimes they are dupe threads sometimes they are not. I'm just glad that new members are getting involved and I hope they stick around to members the become part of the out community, rather then just post once or twice.

Good post op

The only time I jump on the 'dupe' bandwagon is when it is a breaking news item, and then, it's just for fun. Otherwise, I agree with chesapeakeIRON. There are no bad questions.:thumbsup:

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    The only time I jump on the 'dupe' bandwagon is when it is a breaking news item, and then, it's just for fun. Otherwise, I agree with chesapeakeIRON. There are no bad questions.:thumbsup:
    They should also focus on their Grammer unlike me, jeez I just reread my post, I was depending on autocorrect ;)

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Well, it kinda sucks every time someone bumps a thread from 2012 that's titled "CZ 82 back at Classic for $219".

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    whats the right thing?? You will get arguments from both sides on that one.
    me personally.. Let them search and revive the thread anyone that has a problem with it.. can SUCK it.

If the person wished to start a new thread. Thats fine too.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Dupe police are just about as annoying as people who post threads with vague or nonsensical titles. Actually, they are usually the same people.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Dupe police are just about as annoying as people who post threads with vague or nonsensical titles. Actually, they are usually the same people.

There is a point in not having 15 threads on the same subject started within 2 hours of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom