• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    well i have been checking around the edge of the woods 2 days in a row and damn if i havent found ticks on me both days. hard to believe with the cold winter and all but i found them sure enough.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've had ticks in below zero weather when deer hunting. You always need to look out for the little suckers.....

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I hunted in Zimbabwe, where the guides, to show that white men are tougher than the native trackers, where short shorts. Many times I emerged through the brush to look down and see dozens of ticks on my pants. A couple hid their way back to America.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for the reminder - just walked my girl through the woods this am and wouldn't have thought it was possible - will be checking her tonight. Me too!

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Yikes! Already? Sigh. Off trail, I wear tall boots with my pants tucked in, Premethrin Deet etc... I hate it walking around looking like some tacticool mall ninja but I can't do another turn with hospital stay, a PICC line, and IV antibiotics.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    And when the ticks are out, damn chiggers are usually right behind 'em.

yup, and damned if my nose isn't already starting to feel like I got a tree-sex bukkake to the face. It'll be fun to go back and look at all the "zomg, when is spring coming! I'm done with winter" posts when we're getting hammered with ticks, mosquitos, chiggars, pollen, and 100+ degree days.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    well i have been checking around the edge of the woods 2 days in a row and damn if i havent found ticks on me both days. hard to believe with the cold winter and all but i found them sure enough.

Thanks for the heads up. Haven't seen any yet,but I do need to order some preventer. Thinking about using Talstar this year maybe along with the termiticde. I spray the yard once or twice a season with termiticide and it does a good job keeping the fleas,gnats and chiggers at bay.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/termites-c-3.html

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thanks for the heads up. Haven't seen any yet,but I do need to order some preventer. Thinking about using Talstar this year maybe along with the termiticde. I spray the yard once or twice a season with termiticide and it does a good job keeping the fleas,gnats and chiggers at bay.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/termites-c-3.html

at the house i usually use the dry pesticide that i get at lowes. i usually gets whats cheapest. at the farm i keep bees so i have to be careful about what i use there plus its a lotta land and woods so i have to use off or deet or something on my cloths to try and keep them at bay. we usually dont see them this early or this bad this early. usually we start getting them bad after tax day and i thought with the cold winter it would be later, but it doesnt seem to be so. oh well time to spray up every time i get out of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom