• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekap731b5

Jan 18, 2009
    Question for anyone who's familiar with the Mark II .22 target pistol. I have one with a 5-1/2 inch bull barrel. I noticed that the barrel now has some slight play when assembled and locked into the receiver. I can feel both axial movement and front to back movement. Is this typical and can it be fixed by a gunsmith? I appreciate the feedback.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I think that due to the nature of the design Ruger would be the best place to get that repaired. I will let the active smiths reply though. What you describe is unusual.

LeadPumper

Jul 20, 2008
    MkII

agreed with all so far. I have a Mark II that I've used in Bullseye for years- it has a lot of rounds downrange...

...and no play like you describe (assuming it's put back together properly).

Time for a gunsmith, or send it back to Ruger.

Best,

-Jeff

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is the barrel loose on the upper receiver, or is the grip frame loose when attached to the upper receiver?

If the grip frame is loose then the fron lug and rear spring housing are worn. You can peen the front grip housing lug down if you know what you are doing. The side grip frame rails can be ironed in to tighten things up. If its loose at the rear its the mainspring housing. If its that just get a new one.

ekap731b5

Jan 18, 2009
    Thanks for the responses all. The gun operates fine so I assume it's assembled correctly. Sounds like I should have Ruger look at it.

Appreciate your feedback guys.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    How are the normal Mk Is for wear and tightness? I am getting one since they are C&R and wondering what I need to know

I have an MK and it is tight as well. Has many, many rounds through it. Great little guns. A pain in the butt to tear down and reassemble, but other than that, remarkably reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom