• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    For those saying going down in a Blaze of Glory is stupid. I suggest reading about D Day. When we took heavy casualties but still managed to get a strong hold. Sometimes the way to win is to make it not worth it. Alot of us had a good run and would gladly die to save our country and make a better place for our children. If we can take out even just a few for everyone of us that go it would quickly make it all unpalatable to the general population and eventually thinngs will turn. More than %50 of the military has spoken against supporting that and I would bet over %90 would not do that. Local police departments will run out of police before getting to many guns. Thats the problem today get up and fight. Even better get organized with local groups. It wouldnt be that hard to get enough people together to overwhelm swat. Look at the riots and how they kept backing off because of the sheer number of people participating in the riots.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I see Trump winning again but if not dems won't take the Senate. If they do they have to abolish the Senate filibuster which is highly unlikely with Manchin. And we have the highest court.

A Trump will will probably see Breyer retire and another Alito added so we will have a solid 6-3 Scotus.

Can't count of Roberts but let him vote with Kagan and Sotomayor to cement his legacy.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I see Trump winning again but if not dems won't take the Senate. If they do they have to abolish the Senate filibuster which is highly unlikely with Manchin. And we have the highest court.

A Trump will will probably see Breyer retire and another Alito added so we will have a solid 6-3 Scotus.

Can't count of Roberts but let him vote with Kagan and Sotomayor to cement his legacy.

Would they need at least 60 to get cloture and remove the filibuster? Because otherwise, can't they just filibuster the bill to remove the filibuster?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    He wants to open gun and ammo manufactures up to civil suit, for mis-use of their products by felons.
    I think we need to allow the civil suit of politicians for damages from their failed and many times illegal policies.

Didn't they do this once? Atleast in MD?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Would they need at least 60 to get cloture and remove the filibuster? Because otherwise, can't they just filibuster the bill to remove the filibuster?

No. The Senate can change its rules, doesn’t need a bill to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

The filibuster isn't defined in law or COTUS, it's a Senate rule. And Senate rules can be changed by simple majority vote under certain conditions.

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    For those saying going down in a Blaze of Glory is stupid. I suggest reading about D Day. When we took heavy casualties but still managed to get a strong hold. Sometimes the way to win is to make it not worth it. Alot of us had a good run and would gladly die to save our country and make a better place for our children. If we can take out even just a few for everyone of us that go it would quickly make it all unpalatable to the general population and eventually thinngs will turn. More than %50 of the military has spoken against supporting that and I would bet over %90 would not do that. Local police departments will run out of police before getting to many guns. Thats the problem today get up and fight. Even better get organized with local groups. It wouldnt be that hard to get enough people together to overwhelm swat. Look at the riots and how they kept backing off because of the sheer number of people participating in the riots.

IMHO it's the Alphabet Agencies we have the most to worry about...

I don't think most members of the police & military will be willing to be part of disarming American Citizens.

I remember the Obama-Biden DHS buying over a billion rounds of ammo in one year and "Fully Automatic Machine Guns, Suitible For Maximum Concealment & Personal Protection" which is a matter of public record.

And clearly Trump has not been able to get rid of all the Obama-Biden loyalists in various Alphabet Agencies that are armed better than any non governmental employee is. Including, but not limited to the EPA, IRS and NOAA...

Attachments

• 20201014_161101.jpg
      20201014_161101.jpg
      75.1 KB · Views: 1,333
    • 20201009_065252.jpg
      20201009_065252.jpg
      45.1 KB · Views: 1,341
    • 20200923_125301.jpg
      20200923_125301.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 1,338
    • IMG_20200626_081524.jpg
      IMG_20200626_081524.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 1,326
    • IMG_20190330_120937.jpg
      IMG_20190330_120937.jpg
      46.6 KB · Views: 1,344
    • IMG_20190329_063736.jpg
      IMG_20190329_063736.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 1,322
    • IMG_20181010_174523.jpg
      IMG_20181010_174523.jpg
      14.3 KB · Views: 1,300
    • IMG_20190118_082619.jpg
      IMG_20190118_082619.jpg
      26 KB · Views: 1,305
    • IMG_20181023_112746.jpg
      IMG_20181023_112746.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 1,344
    • EPA-swat.jpg
      EPA-swat.jpg
      10.5 KB · Views: 1,313

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    "in common use firearms" or "valid sporting purpose" or "valid hunting purpose" or "valid self defense purpose" are made up, Unconstitutional bs to limit the human birthright of self preservation using => force than can be brought against you; Protected by, not created by the #2A

Everyword of #GunControl without exception is Unconstitutional.

Attachments

• IMG_20200131_090354.jpg
      IMG_20200131_090354.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 1,325

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Doesn't matter. They will still follow orders. Just like police and red flags.

Unfortunately...when I was a federal LEO...there were some who would do just that. There were also many...including some supervisors...who would not.

The problem is...when those that refuse to follow illegal or unconstitutional orders (which is in our General Orders)...they either have to resign or suffer administrative sanctions and the powers that be will replace them with those who will follow through on the orders.

Only when the top supervisors refuse to follow through as matter of conscience and refuse to order line officers to not comply will that kind of thing stop. I think Sheriffs are more likely not to comply...depending on where they're located. City and federal agencies are more likely to follow through as they're far more political.

tailgunner

Oct 18, 2013
    PAsadena Md.
    I can't believe that only conservatives are gun owners who don't want their 2nd amendment infringed upon. I believe that these gun owwrs will vote against the communist Democrats.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    When a knock at the door comes, which is impossible to even execute would be the same as listening Jethro Tull Album at level 10 with all the lights out and one candle burning inside. I'd just pass on that home and check the box, all good.

The whole thing is a waste of time and pure unenforceable rhetorical crap.

Say its 1987 and John buys from Bob his Polytech AK just like the one he had in Nam. John divorced Mildred and moved to the Hawaiian Islands, then moves to Costa Rica and is now living with his girlfriend from Finland. See, its impossible it's purely unconstitutional, just ask the Brits they know firsthand what would happen.

Their history lesson holds no water like a slice of swiss cheese can hold hot air. It's all ineffectual BS....dont waste your time on thieves who have no power verbally over your rights.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Unfortunately...when I was a federal LEO...there were some who would do just that. There were also many...including some supervisors...who would not.

The problem is...when those that refuse to follow illegal or unconstitutional orders (which is in our General Orders)...they either have to resign or suffer administrative sanctions and the powers that be will replace them with those who will follow through on the orders.

Yeah, but as a Fed you're also aware of the power of passive-aggression against things you're told to do but know are illegal. "No, I haven't seen that staffing package, no idea whose desk it's in". After all, you can't be fired or disciplined (at least officially) for following policy and process.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I knew more than one officer whose attitude was "If there's something going on over there...look over here instead as you can't be held accountable for what you weren't aware of. There were some supervisors like that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom