• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    I grabbed one of those CZ50s from OWS also. Never ordered from them before. So I hope I don’t regret it. Been wanting a CZ50 since I got my C&R tho. Will post an update as well when it comes in.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I just pulled the trigger on a CZ50. I've been in the market for a C&R pocket pistol type gun (this or a P-64) and this is a decent price for what I've seen. Doesn't seem to be a ton of them on the market anymore; I was tracking a good looking one on GB that went for $290 (and charging $40 for shipping vs. OWS $15) and a quite rough looking one on GunsAmerica that went for $230 w/$30 shipping. I can report back when I receive mine.

I grabbed one of those CZ50s from OWS also. Never ordered from them before. So I hope I don’t regret it. Been wanting a CZ50 since I got my C&R tho. Will post an update as well when it comes in.

Waiting on an email response from OWS regarding providing a copy of my C&R. Did they allow you to scan and email it?

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Let's hear about those CZ50s when they arrive. I would be more eagerly interested in them if they shot a more effective round but then again, I haven't found the P-64 to be too harsh or the DA trigger pull to be too difficult to manage. If I was bothered by the DA pull, however, I would re-profile & polish the trigger or something like that rather than give it a weaker spring. Anyone ever shoot a .38 S&W detective special? The DA trigger pull is also stiff as it is supposed to be for safety's sake but like the Radom, the SA pull is quite acceptable, especially for a more powerful round in a more concealable package. It would certainly be nice to have a very comfortable range gun but I haven't found .32 to be priced as competitively as .22LR, assuming you can locate it at all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Let's hear about those CZ50s when they arrive. I would be more eagerly interested in them if they shot a more effective round but then again, I haven't found the P-64 to be too harsh or the DA trigger pull to be too difficult to manage. If I was bothered by the DA pull, however, I would re-profile & polish the trigger or something like that rather than give it a weaker spring. Anyone ever shoot a .38 S&W detective special? The DA trigger pull is also stiff as it is supposed to be for safety's sake but like the Radom, the SA pull is quite acceptable, especially for a more powerful round in a more concealable package. It would certainly be nice to have a very comfortable range gun but I haven't found .32 to be priced as competitively as .22LR, assuming you can locate it at all.

Earlier on, if you did some looking you could find 32acp, Geco, for $10 a box. Can reload it stupid cheap.

For the P64. I mean, not saying DA is impossible. But it still sucks. One was not a terrible as the other one. But both ran to 25lbs or so. Only about 5lbs and fairly crisp on SA.

My Cz50 is probably around 7-8lbs DA and 3.5lbs SA. Very smooth for the former. Extremely crisp for the later.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan

Plenty of 32 acp out there according to ammoseek

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Earlier on, if you did some looking you could find 32acp, Geco, for $10 a box. Can reload it stupid cheap.

For the P64. I mean, not saying DA is impossible. But it still sucks. One was not a terrible as the other one. But both ran to 25lbs or so. Only about 5lbs and fairly crisp on SA.

My Cz50 is probably around 7-8lbs DA and 3.5lbs SA. Very smooth for the former. Extremely crisp for the later.

Im thinking of ordering a couple, nice discounts in quantity. Anyone get one trying to see if the select grade is worth it especially if ordering multiples.

Those CZ75s they have are nice, shame they are not C&R and require an HQL.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    When your CZs arrive, please post a review. I had seriously considered getting a CZ-82 instead of another P-64 for the extra mag capacity but the fit & finish of the ones I looked at was not even close. I know you can surely get a nice one but the CZ-50s I saw often had cracked grips and the CZ-82s I viewed looked like they were painted out back with krylon by metal shop students in between cigarette breaks whereas the Radom factory produced a very nice even blue on all of my P-64s and Tokarevs. I would like to own a CZ as I know they can produce good weapons there and I could stand some diversity in the collection.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Anyone know the skinny on the Royal Tiger Carcanos?

Are they worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    DK's web site shows "Sold Out" of those.

Dang. They were the cream of the crop in regards to what came in. Indian springs firearms or some similar name apparently also got purpose built carbines in. I'll have to see what I can find for the info.

---Edit---

Here you go: http://store.indianspringsarmory.co...lvary-carbine-65x52-w-folding-bayonet-3311380

Apparently, if you call them up and specify what you are looking for (specific date range, etc.) they'll do their best to accommodate you without charging any extra.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Anyone know the skinny on the Royal Tiger Carcanos?

Are they worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're from Ethiopia. TFB did a video on their Ethopian Enfields a couple of months ago. He ordered five. Out of that lot he was able to piece together two that might work; both had problems.

Buyer beware. They're down to the bottom of the pile now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom