• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    prices and availability on glocks please
    Both tylers and united (IPs here) have had good luck keeping glocks in their inventory. Might be worth a call to them instead of driving all that way and dealing with the lines there

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Anyone head there today?

I went today and like others have said, this one was not worth it. Only went because I had pre-purchased a ticket online a week ago. Got there at 8:00 for the 9:00 open, about 200-250 people already in line. Prices real high inside, especially on ammo, but it was there if you were willing to spend. By the time we left (11:00) the line outside for the main hall was absolutely insane. They set up something resembling an amusement park ride queue that wrapped back and forth about 20 times in the parking lot.

Attachments

• A3824ECD-6E01-40E6-9150-390E614A5117.jpg
      A3824ECD-6E01-40E6-9150-390E614A5117.jpg
      76.8 KB · Views: 482

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    That line is longer than yesterday 'cause it zig-zags more. Across that entire lot. Yesterday, the zig-zag was about 1/2 the lot with the line being single file to the end.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Spoke with some people who arrived at noon, took almost 2hr to get in .

Ammo prices are what they are . I did get some Cor Bon at pre panic prices , .45acp Lead RN at about normal , and 2k of LP primers. No SP , SR very limited .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Friday would be your best bet, or early Saturday. Not sure how the prices and supply are going be though.

Early Saturday was nuts. Early would have been arriving at 7 or 8 am and waiting around for the 9am open.

I’ve been going to that show for 15 or so years and I can tell you with some degree of certainty that ammo prices will be high. The Dulles show is an exaggerated microcosm of the ammo craze. Prices will be much higher than online. You’ll be able to find ammo, I’m sure, because prices will be higher than average. In 2007, the ammo prices were astronomical
    This is just my observation so take it for what it’s worth, but if it’s ammo you’re looking for, you’re better off checking online for availability

If you REALLY need ammo now, then you’ll find something

Ammo seemed expensive, but I know suppliers have been charging more, or so I have been told.

I’m here. Huge shit show. Stay home. Both sections are separated with massive lines to each And you have to wait in both lines to get into both buildings. Never seen lines like this ever at any show

Yes. Small show was a walk right in when I slipped in around 2pm

Glad I went to Gettysburg a couple weeks ago. Will probably go there when they have it in Sep...

I'll be waiting for reports tomorrow on these crazy lines. Was planning to go tomorrow or Sunday, but I'm not too keen to wait in a couple hours of lines to grab the few small things I'm looking for.

Any prices for 9mm?
    And if possible can I get a price check on 10rd magazine for S&W M&P.

Some people were playing the gouging game, someone I was with was looking for it, and found the worst price was someone selling FMJ box of 50 for 45$

Originally scheduled time off around this and planned to take my wife and two kids- changed my mind when I came to my senses and realized the prices of yesterday were just that, and that this couldn’t be a good environment to head into during a pandemic. Seems I was right on both counts.

Too high and too few.

(Just guessing. ;))

Anyone head there today?

I was there

Spoke with some people who arrived at noon, took almost 2hr to get in .

Ammo prices are what they are . I did get some Cor Bon at pre panic prices , .45acp Lead RN at about normal , and 2k of LP primers. No SP , SR very limited .

I arrived at 9:30, didn't walk in the show until 11:55

My father and I just home in Annapolis from the show. We did get directly into the small building. We were told 2 hrs in line for the big building. I doubt we will go back tomorrow though we can get in for free.We are looking for magazines and ammo.

the "MAGS" guy in the corner has anything and everything you can think of. Big booth, selling only mags. I got an XD 20 round mag finally. Impulse buy to have something to show for my trip, in addition to a rubber band gun for my toddler.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And as another plug , if you volunteer at the MSI booth , not only free admission , but no waiting in line .

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    If you buy tickets ahead of time, is there still a super long wait to get in to the buildings? Two friends and I bought tickets for tomorrow

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Whenever I want to skip the line, I renew my NRA membership for $20 and get a free hat and free ticket and just walk right in. Probably not so easy in this climate with all the panic buying thanks to gun grabbing democvnts. Usually there's a table at either side of the main entrance to join or renew NRA membership. Have a pile of a dozen or more NRA hats.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Whenever I want to skip the line, I renew my NRA membership for $20 and get a free hat and free ticket and just walk right in. Usually there's a table at either side of the main entrance to join or renew NRA membership. Have a pile of a dozen or more NRA hats.

I don't know if that is going to work this go round. There was no vendors outside at all, and I know the NRA both was on the inside towards the front in the middle.

I hope I am wrong for the sake of those wishing to visit tomorow.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I don't know if that is going to work this go round. There was no vendors outside at all, and I know the NRA both was on the inside towards the front in the middle.
    I hope I am wrong for the sake of those wishing to visit tomorow.

That would suck if the NRA didn't set up a table outside like they usually do.
    Going to skip this one because I can't take chances with getting the virus, have been to almost all of them for the last 15 or so years.
    Good luck to those who go and try to be careful as the virus is still out there.
    For those who went, did you see many people not wearing a mask?

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    If you buy tickets ahead of time, is there still a super long wait to get in to the buildings? Two friends and I bought tickets for tomorrow

Yes, unfortunately. In the past, online ticket purchasers have been allowed to skip the line and go right in when the doors open. This time they made everyone wait in line so they could have some idea of how many people were inside.

NRA table was NOT outside this time so that option was out for skipping the line too.

dweissman

Mar 23, 2020
    Yes, unfortunately. In the past, online ticket purchasers have been allowed to skip the line and go right in when the doors open. This time they made everyone wait in line so they could have some idea of how many people were inside.

NRA table was NOT outside this time so that option was out for skipping the line too.

Well, that’s a load of bs...their website says if you buy a ticket online, to not wait in line and skip to the front.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    And as another plug , if you volunteer at the MSI booth , not only free admission , but no waiting in line .

It was good seeing you again, BF44! You dutifully man the MSI table at every Chantilly show I've ever attended. Thanks!

I re-upped my MSI membership, snagged some mags and a few other things, and walked away from some insane prices.

I got into the Saturday morning line at 9 am. Ticket was prepaid. As I expected, the line moved quickly until the hall was full (I heard the capacity was set at 600 attendees), and then folks were let in only after others had left.

During the first hour the line only advance in dribs and drabs. Starting at about 10 am the line picked up speed as folks started to leave in numbers, and by about 10:20 I got in. There was very low density of people in the hall. Mask discipline was high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom