• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Which would you get?

From what I understand the A303 was basically the A400 of its day and the one I'm looking at is in very good condition with some nice features like a 32" barrel, adjustable stock, vented barrels.

The A300 would be purchased new and it is what it is. A very nice budget semi-auto. 28' and pretty stock.

The primary use would be for clays.

Looking at like $650-750 price point for either.

Or would you go up a couple hundred and maybe get a nice used Beretta A391?

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    If you decided against the 303 please let me know. I would be interested in it. I have an 301 that I love for skeet and if the gun is nice that is a great price on the 303

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I just bought an A 300 and love it. It is their entry level auto loader as you said but seems to be well built. It the only one I've owned or shot more than a few rounds through so I don't have anything to compare it to.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I just bought an A 300 and love it. It is their entry level auto loader as you said but seems to be well built. It the only one I've owned or shot more than a few rounds through so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Yeah, I drudged up your old thread I think. Been in the market for a semi-auto, just taking my sweet time. If I get a decent bonus this year I may just spring for the A400, but I'm not sure I need that much gun since I have a 686.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    For me it would be the A300:

I like 28" barrels on a semi for clays (not a trap shooter).

I like a low field/sporting stock. The A300's shim system has all the adjustment I need.

The 303 is typically going to be a better looking gun but if you're happy with the A300's wood, great!

I would expect the A300's handling to be more to my liking; long and light. As always its best to handle both guns, or similar ones, before making a decision.

I don't know much about the differences internally but my guess is the A300 might cycle a variety of ammo more reliably.

New is always nice. :)

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    If you decided against the 303 please let me know. I would be interested in it. I have an 301 that I love for skeet and if the gun is nice that is a great price on the 303

Well, I bought the one I was looking at but here's another one that was possibly on my list:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/584243731

Now I just gotta stay away from deal sites b/c I also bought the Mossberg 500 field/security combo.

Last edited:

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Here's are a few pics of the one I purchased: Beretta A303 Special Trap with 32" Barrel.

http://imgur.com/a/ZVyqJ

The blueing is near perfect, even inside the receiver. It looks like it was shot very little. The wood is very very good although it does have a few dings, though barely noticeable IMO. Shot it today and really liked the adjustable butt stock or w/e and mid-bead. As a bonus, it uses the same chokes as my Silver Pigeon. It ran 2 boxes of Federal flawlessly, but then it had 1 Failure to Eject + Shell dropped out of the bottom in box three and then 3-4 Failures to Eject in the 4th box. The fit is pretty good. I showed one of the regulars at PG trap and he agreed it was a pretty good fit so I'm really happy with the LOP and comb drop. I'm pretty sure a good cleaning will get it running smooth again as the seller said he hadn't shot it in quite a while. Really happy with the purchase.

SiDBKbW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom