A note on stripper clip interchangability....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    Just to give folks a heads' up, assumin' I ain't the only idiot that didn't know this, I just noticed today that stripper clips fer .30-06 and 7.92x57 are NOT interchangable, despite sellers tryin' to tell folks that. Both will hold the rounds, but the guides on K98's are slightly smaller than on American issue rifles.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    What rifle are you trying to get stripper clips for? Swedish Mauser clips will hold .30-06 and will feed into a 1903a3. Maybe a tiny bit narrower than the real deal but they work and are cheap.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    8mm Mauser on top of 30-06 charger.

Attachments

• P1010065.JPG
      P1010065.JPG
      88.7 KB · Views: 275
    Feb 28, 2013
    What rifle are you trying to get stripper clips for? Swedish Mauser clips will hold .30-06 and will feed into a 1903a3. Maybe a tiny bit narrower than the real deal but they work and are cheap.

I appreciate that. I'll take 'em in 7.62x54, 7.92x57, and .30-06, of course. :)

But I was just lookin' to warn folks goin' to gun shows lookin' for 'em only to happen across a seller tryin' to say both will work.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Also, you have people selling M14/FAL stripper clips claiming that they're for an M1903/M1917. While they are the correct width, the M14 clips have one just rib in the middle. You can make them feed into an M1903/M1917, but it's less than perfect. They will however, feed into an Ishapore 2A1.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    it's not the width of the charger it's more the placement of the **** on the side. That's why the swedes work...they have bigger ****. which hold the stripper from sliding into the receiver too far.

so...if you are shooting an 03, make sure your stripper has the big **** on the side....

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    it's not the width of the charger it's more the placement of the **** on the side. That's why the swedes work...they have bigger ****. which hold the stripper from sliding into the receiver too far.

so...if you are shooting an 03, make sure your stripper has the big **** on the side....

Whatever you're into man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom