Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    please-sir-may.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Who remembers SB281 as it was introduced?

I do.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/bills/sb/sb0281f.pdf

3 (E) (1) “COPYCAT WEAPON” MEANS:
    4 (I) A SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE THAT CAN
    5 ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND HAS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
    6 1. A PISTOL GRIP THAT PROTRUDES
    7 CONSPICUOUSLY BENEATH THE ACTION OF THE WEAPON;
    8 2. A THUMBHOLE STOCK;
    9 3. A FOLDING OR TELESCOPING STOCK;
    10 4. A GRENADE LAUNCHER OR FLARE LAUNCHER;
    11 5. A FLASH SUPPRESSOR; OR
    12 6. A FORWARD PISTOL GRIP;

A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG
    15 GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2013, AND WHO REGISTERS
    16 THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON WITH THE SECRETARY OF
    17 STATE POLICE BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2013, MAY:
    18 (I) CONTINUE TO POSSESS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR
    19 COPYCAT WEAPON; OR
    20 (II) WHILE CARRYING A COURT ORDER REQUIRING THE
    21 SURRENDER OF THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON, TRANSPORT
    22 THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON DIRECTLY TO THE LAW
    23 ENFORCEMENT UNIT, BARRACKS, OR STATION IF THE PERSON HAS NOTIFIED
    24 THE LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT, BARRACKS, OR STATION THAT THE PERSON IS
    25 TRANSPORTING THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON IN ACCORDANCE
    26 WITH A COURT ORDER AND THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON IS
    27 UNLOADED.

Come out and fight for your rights and the rights of those beside you!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I won't be going this time. I went to the rally, I heard person after person get up and give logical, meaningful testimony to the panel, and testified twice myself. The people spoke loudly and clearly that they did not want this legislation.

It did absolutely no good - they passed it anyway.

As soon as my wife and I are eligible to retire - looking at another 6 years - I'm out. I'm selling the house, packing up and going somewhere warmer, and someplace friendlier to reason and common sense.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    I won't be going this time. I went to the rally, I heard person after person get up and give logical, meaningful testimony to the panel, and testified twice myself. The people spoke loudly and clearly that they did not want this legislation.

As soon as my wife and I are eligible to retire - looking at another 6 years - I'm out. I'm selling the house, packing up and going somewhere warmer, and someplace friendlier to reason and common sense.

wife and I are a long way from retirement but already have plans to buy land elsewhere and build on it. Spend as much time and money away from this hellhole as possible.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Looking forward to retirement myself but I know this progressive statist BS will follow me wherever I go. I plan on using my remaining time in Maryland to fight these restrictions with all my heart and soul. For me, Maryland is simply boot camp to prepare for a lifelong struggle.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

wife and I are a long way from retirement but already have plans to buy land elsewhere and build on it. Spend as much time and money away from this hellhole as possible.

If you do not fight it here, it will eventually follow you else where!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It will never gain a foothold in the conservative south or Midwest - at least not in my lifetime. The only way that will happen is the entire fabric of this country unravels, and then we'll have bigger issues.

There are places where you can go where you can own and use guns as part of every day life - Texas, Arizona, Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, West Virginia - I don't see the culture changing that drastically in those places any time soon. Heck, even Florida is a great deal better than here.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015

I also will not be going this time. I believe it would take 10-20 thousand to possibly make a difference. You truly would have to shut down Annapolis to get anyone's attention.

My timeline for relocating somewhere more retiree friendly is about half of yours. There are many more reasons, other than just 2A, to live out our lives somewhere other than Maryland.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

It may. It could. But maybe not in our lifetimes.

Why continue to live in a state that is oppressive and unfair, and unreasonable towards the second amendment? As alluded in the post directly above; there are other good reasons to leave Maryland as well.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I also will not be going this time. I believe it would take 10-20 thousand to possibly make a difference. You truly would have to shut down Annapolis to get anyone's attention.

My timeline for relocating somewhere more retiree friendly is about half of yours. There are many more reasons, other than just 2A, to live out our lives somewhere other than Maryland.
    I wish I could cut that time in half, but we have two considerations - first, she's a school teacher and is deeply vested in her retirement plan, so compounded by the fact that retirement plan reciprocity with other states is hit-or-miss thing if you move before retirement, she has about 5-6 years to go before she's eligible.

For me, at the tender "young" age of 44 years old, I got back into the National Guard to finally finish my 20 last March, and I have about 6 years left on that. Of course I don't have to finish my time in my current unit and I could go to another state, but that's the easiest way to do it.

But, we're definitely doing it sooner than later - the missus is a cancer survivor, and although her long-term prognosis is excellent, (early catch and aggressive treatment and preventative treatment for a breast cancer diagnosis 2 years ago) right now we're very much aware that we don't live forever, and we'd like to start enjoying life again, making use of the last part of the "slave, save and retire" American paradigm.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    There are places where you can go where you can own and use guns as part of every day life - Texas, Arizona, Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, West Virginia - I don't see the culture changing that drastically in those places any time soon. Heck, even Florida is a great deal better than here.

For the time being, those places are better. What happens when the libtards move there? They are prime spots for those who are trying to escape the tyranny of states like Maryland. Those people inevitably take a portion of the liberal disease with them. It is just like those from Montgomery county moving to Carroll Co. because they do not like the way things are there. Next thing you know, they are changing the place they move to and it becomes like the one they left. Giving the enemy an unchallenged victory here will only embolden them else where! Even if it doesn't happen in your lifetime, what about the next generation? Since you are serving in the NG, you should know that freedom is never free, someone always pays the price!

Sorry to hear of your wife's battle with cancer. Glad she caught it early. I pray for her continued health and well being!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    For the time being, those places are better. What happens when the libtards move there? They are prime spots for those who are trying to escape the tyranny of states like Maryland. Those people inevitably take a portion of the liberal disease with them. It is just like those from Montgomery county moving to Carroll Co. because they do not like the way things are there. Next thing you know, they are changing the place they move to and it becomes like the one they left. Giving the enemy an unchallenged victory here will only embolden them else where! Even if it doesn't happen in your lifetime, what about the next generation? Since you are serving in the NG, you should know that freedom is never free, someone always pays the price!

Sorry to hear of your wife's battle with cancer. Glad she caught it early. I pray for her continued health and well being!
    I hear what you are saying, but I still think that there are places in this country that won't succumb to that level of idiocy - at least not any time soon, and my kids don't seem to care about it as much as I do.

I'm not a native Marylander, so I've never had a vested interest in it - I've always planned to leave at some point, which is kind of a shame because if it weren't for the masses (who are asses) who screw up the politics of this state, it is, IMO, a great place to live - it has everything from the beach and ocean to the mountains, and everything in between.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my wife's health - it's been an emotional and interesting couple of years.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

This. Look at VA and CO.

And Oregon ... You can run, but you can't hide forever.

Just make sure that you retire in a state that isn't adjacent to a state, that is adjacent to another state that was just over-run by libs looking to avoid higher taxes, because they bring with them the same demands that you as a gun owner are fleeing from in the PRofMD. Then when they fvck up that state, they move again ... closer to you.

Attachments

• NRA Stand & Fight.jpg
      NRA Stand & Fight.jpg
      21.4 KB · Views: 224

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    We don't need to beat the bills outright if it's not possible, we just need to convince enough of the politicians that it is not in their best interests to over-ride the Governor's veto. Much lower hurdle to clear.

Last edited:

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    If my mother doesn't get a call from Hopkins about getting her a liver or isn't recovering from having the transplant, I will do my absolute best to be there. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom