Official "I have recieved my HQL" thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So has ANYBODY that is NOT retired military/LEO recieved a HQL? As a vet with a HD, I am exempt from the training but am hesitant to apply for the HQL for many reason including the backlog.

Why would the backlog stop you?

It will take however long it takes. If you wait, and you find that great deal on the pistol you have always wanted, your wait time is the HQL time PLUS.

If you do it now, you may have the HQL by the time you actually need it.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Fingerprinted on 10/14. Submitted HQL application around 9am on 10/15, and status became active as of 4pm. I am quite impressed at the government's efficiency in giving me permission to exercise my constitutional rights.

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    Anyone on here actual receive the physical card yet? Haven't heard any reports of the card besides one person supposedly seeing someone use one at a LGS.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Anyone on here actual receive the physical card yet? Haven't heard any reports of the card besides one person supposedly seeing someone use one at a LGS.

According to MSP, it takes up to 14 days to recieve the physical license, once everything is approved.... Id be curious to see if this will be the case.

My HQL is active as of last week, but still no license in my hands.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    MSP supposedly mailed out 400+ HQL 2 days ago, anyone receive on yet? My number is in the 30's, but I haven't received yet - kinda expected it in the mail today. Maryland just ain't that big for the mail to take more than 2 days.......

Shooter57

Sep 4, 2013
    Fingerprinted: 16 Sep
    Submitted App: 1 Oct
    Complete: 2 Oct
    Active: 9 Oct ( number > 200 )

Received License: Not yet

Came in on the 19th

Last edited:

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    MSP supposedly mailed out 400+ HQL 2 days ago, anyone receive on yet? My number is in the 30's, but I haven't received yet - kinda expected it in the mail today. Maryland just ain't that big for the mail to take more than 2 days.......

First class mail from anywhere in MD to anywhere in MD is almost always next day. Even first class mail to VA or PA is often overnight, and almost always withing 2 days.

Something tells me they weren't being truthful in their press release

fogman

Dammit

Thing showed up in the mail today. I was hoping MSP would violate the law and not issue within the required 30 days. Then I realized the process will be faster than expected because they won't waste time doing a background check for the HQL, they'll just do it at the time of purchase

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I imagine mine will be there when I get home. Did anyone check the date on the envelope? I doubt it went out Wednesday. Whatever. Nothing I want to buy anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom