• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    What form do I need to summit to ATF if I live in Maryland and take my SBR and can into Va. 1-3x aweek?????

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    ATF Form 5320. You only need it for the SBR, not the can. And fill it out for a 1 year period.........8/06/11 - 8/06/12. List the reason as......Occasional taget shooting at "fill in the blank range or a specific person's property".

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Revive! Does it matter what address is used in section 7 of the form? For instance, if I like to shoot at range 'a' in VA but also like to shoot at range 'b' in VA.. Both ranges are in VA, but am I asking for trouble going to range 'b' if my form says range 'a'. I can see where this might seem like a stupid question but I'm under the impression that the main purpose of this form is to related to giving permission to take the item out of your home states boundaries.. but once its in VA does it matter where it goes?? I ask because on the reverse side I know that if you were to fill out the form because you were moving to VA for instance, once you transported it there it doesn't matter where you take it as long as you stay within VA.. So, does it matter or should I get different forms with the different addresses on them? Also, how specific does section 8 need to be? Would 'POV' be acceptable?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I always do a form for each location. For Section 8, just list "personal vehicle".

Save this form if you intend to go back to the location on a regular basis. Then you are ready to just changes the dates and send it in the following year.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Do you have to wait until the 5320.20 comes back from the BATFE before you can transport the SBR to another state or are you OK as soon as you mail it off to them?

Dave

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I would wait to get it back so that you know the request has been signed and approved. And keep the form with you when you travel.

Roger that.

Heading out to Tango Down range in WV tomorrow to chat with Dave about a couple of shoots. Might make them regional for a little competition like sniper shoots and such.

Dave

Masterchief36

Masterchief36
    May 16, 2009
    Va.
    I have a 11.5 SBR in 5.56.
    I faxed over a letter stating I wanted to add 9mm and 45acp 11.5 uppers.It took about 3weeks to get the letter of approval by mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom