• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • In case anyone was jonsing for a C&R-able Beretta 1951/951/Brigadier. This is the design Egypt adopted as the Helwan and Iraq as the Tariq.

Price and pictures here.

http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp

These are import-marked on the left side from PW Arms and reported dates range from 1955 to 1962, and so far lots of Italian proofs but no Israeli ones.

This info originated on Gunboards.com in this thread. Dan emailed me and said they had a few more in.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?205202-C-amp-R-Beretta-M1951-at-Dan-s

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    When I heard Dan had another lot in stock I called this afternoon and placed an order. He told me that he had around a dozen left. Figured that there can't be too many of these imported and I've always wanted one so WTF. I've spent a lot more on far riskier investments! Should see it on Tues or Wed of next week. I'll post photos then.

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Did anyone pick one of these up? Can anyone speak to the quality of the 1951 as a shooter? I'm considering limiting my pistol collecting to 9mm, and this seemed like a good way to expand having just received my P1 on Wednesday...

Did anyone pick one of these up? Can anyone speak to the quality of the 1951 as a shooter? I'm considering limiting my pistol collecting to 9mm, and this seemed like a good way to expand having just received my P1 on Wednesday...

Got one from the second batch (this is the third). Based on the posts in the Gunboards thread, the people who have shot them like them a lot and find them better than Helwans. However, one person mentioned a cracked block, so examine it carefully when you take it apart.

I am VERY happy with the condition of mine, worn more than fired. The crossbolt safety and the magazine release near the bottom take some getting used to.

First, check this out
    http://www.americanrifleman.org/videos/beretta-m-1951/

I'll start since I already have mine...

I hand-picked for the lowest SN in the second batch.

Cursive "mm" (some have just normal "m/m")
    Gardone V.T.

pix063375457.jpg

example of non-cursive m/m and Gardone marking

P.W. Arms Import Mark

Date on beavertail (1956, some have roman numerals) with two proofs

Grooved grips

"Window" magazine (Similar to Mode; 1934. Attached image from Gunboards.com)

Release on right side marked "SMONTAGGIO" with arrow.

Overall condition is VG, bore is strong but frosted, maybe it'll clean up.

Attachments

• Beretta 1951 mags.jpg
      Beretta 1951 mags.jpg
      57.9 KB · Views: 1,399

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Not listed on his website. I guess that boat has sailed.:envy:
    I'd give Dan a call. Even when he's out of the office he has calls forwarded to his cell phone. He just might have another batch in the works. Also, someone might return one because they didn't like it (you cannot be too picky when it comes to C&Rs, they're gonna have some imperfections). Who knows, you might get lucky.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Just got mine! First impression if a beretta 92 and a 1911 got busy and had a love child = m 1951. It might be a stange creature but I like it.

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Waiting on mine, possibly tomorrow. "Second day UPS" from one state away frequently = "next day"...Take some pics!!

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    I called Dan at dans sportinggoods today and he said he should be getting more by monday. Stay tooned and jump on them because they will go fast.

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    Wow, mine just arrived and I'm already considering those Egyptian ones Dan just posted. (i mean, i have the israeli - shouldnt i also have the Egyptian, if only for teh irony?)

No pics yet (I know, I know) but damn this thing is sweet. Fits my hand well, has a nice heavy/solid feeling to it, no rattle. Appears to have been carried often but not fired much. Needs a good cleaning, though - some serious crud near the firing pin opening.

Xoticbass

Feb 16, 2011
    BBTOH arrived with perfect timing - right after work!

Alright, here she is. A bit beat up, and probably the oiliest piece of mail I've received - but I like it. On closer inspection, I take back what I said about it not being fired too much. However, I think it'll clean up nice and shoot even better. One thing I might try to replace is the recoil spring, though I don't even know where to start looking... Beretta 1951 - Israeli 014.jpg

Beretta 1951 - Israeli 007.jpg

Beretta 1951 - Israeli 001.jpg

Beretta 1951 - Israeli 003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom