• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD
    I'm not sure I will ever understand shooting anything just for sport.

I highly doubt that anyone is eating crow (no pun intended). Shooting living creatures for no reason is exactly why hunting gets a bad rap.

Just my humble opinion and not meant to offend anyone. Do as you may.....but definitely not something I would do.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'm not sure I will ever understand shooting anything just for sport.

I highly doubt that anyone is eating crow (no pun intended). Shooting living creatures for no reason is exactly why hunting gets a bad rap.

Just my humble opinion and not meant to offend anyone. Do as you may.....but definitely not something I would do.

I agree, but crows can cause crop damage, and be downright annoying.

"Hunting" them keeps the population in check.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md

When I worked the farm we would kill off crows, groundhogs and had a permit to kill deer. Can't eat crow, but obviously venison is great and groundhog can be good if you know how to fix it.

TheWhiteBuffalo

Not Impressed
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hughesville, MD

If only that applied to humans too! LOL

We are overpopulated and I know quite a few that are quite annoying.

But seriously, I'm all on board for a purpose. Just shooting birds or squirrels because they are moving targets is downright inhumane.

It is easy to be cruel in this world.... but I just happen to be Southern Maryland's own personal Gandhi!

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    If only that applied to humans too! LOL

We are overpopulated and I know quite a few that are quite annoying.

But seriously, I'm all on board for a purpose. Just shooting birds or squirrels because they are moving targets is downright inhumane.

It is easy to be cruel in this world.... but I just happen to be Southern Maryland's own personal Gandhi!

Personally, I won't shoot something I won't eat, but, with that being said, I don't own a farm.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Today at Myrtle Grove was terrible, 58 degrees, a few clouds in the sky, 5 stations were open when I got there, shot for 2 hours before it filled up.

Hated it. Had to go home and clean my guns just all around lousily day.

Only thing that could have made it worst would have been if I was able to find a few boxs of 9mm on sale on the way home. :sarcasm:

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Today at Myrtle Grove was terrible, 58 degrees, a few clouds in the sky, 5 stations were open when I got there, shot for 2 hours before it filled up.

Hated it. Had to go home and clean my guns just all around lousily day.

Only thing that could have made it worst would have been if I was able to find a few boxs of 9mm on sale on the way home. :sarcasm:

Those of us stuck at work all day dislike your smug attitude :mad54:

Headspace

Feb 16, 2013
    Where do you get the $5 day pass? From that guy Dan at the range itself, or at that house down the road near the pond?

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    Where do you get the $5 day pass? From that guy Dan at the range itself, or at that house down the road near the pond?

There is a box before you go down the steps onto the range. Bring a pen cause it is usually missing. Little yellow envelopes you stuff with your cash then fill out name etc... Tear off the receipt for yourself in case they check you.

Much easier to go online and get the $15 annual pass from DNR.

Headspace

Feb 16, 2013
    There is a box before you go down the steps onto the range. Bring a pen cause it is usually missing. Little yellow envelopes you stuff with your cash then fill out name etc... Tear off the receipt for yourself in case they check you.

Much easier to go online and get the $15 annual pass from DNR.

Thanks! I must have walked right past that box a few times and never noticed it. Its up to $20/year now, which I think is dirt cheap compared to the cost of most other places.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Those of us stuck at work all day dislike your smug attitude :mad54:

If I tell my wife I had a lousily day she lets me out of the house on my days off.

Some of the reverse psychology stuff I was suppose have learn when I was a sleep in school. Someday I hope to have a job that pay me to work part time for now I'll stuck getting every other Friday off.

SmoknJoe

Jan 9, 2011
    Today was a good shooting day, but I saw a Walther P22 slide fail. The slide cracked, flew off the frame the hit the shooter in the chin. Remarkably,he was unhurt but very surprised and a bit shaken up. If you own this gun you may want to get in touch with the manufacturer.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    If I tell my wife I had a lousily day she lets me out of the house on my days off.

Some of the reverse psychology stuff I was suppose have learn when I was a sleep in school. Someday I hope to have a job that pay me to work part time for now I'll stuck getting every other Friday off.

You can become a Federal Civilian and get every Friday off thanks to sequestration. Unpaid of course. 32hr/week until 1 Oct 2013.

eddy8888

Jan 28, 2013
    La Plata, Maryland
    Better weather is coming. So shooting will be better soon, if you have the ammo. Walmart in La Palta had 2 white boxs of .380 at $35.80 something and noone to wait of you at the Sports counter. Go wally world.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Punching holes with my Savage and Mosin Last Friday Myrtle Grove

25 Rounds Savage Mark II FVXP 22LR Scope/Wood Support 25 Meters

25 Rounds Savage Mark II FVXP 22LR Scope/Bipod 25 Meters

25 Rounds Mosin 91/30 7.62x54R Iron Sights/ Wood Support 25 meters
    First time firing this rifle, I picked it up from Lou/Shooter Discount in Jan.

Last edited:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Went down today at about 130 and stayed to about 330. It was a good day a little cold. I took my glock 40, 22 long rifle ar15 and my 308 savage model 10 fp-le2 rifle. I used some trail boss powder and frangible bullets and some match king 175 gr bullets out of the savage.

I was talking about how hard it was to find 22 rimfire ammo with a few gentlemen. The guy to my left was using some winchester 22 rimfire just like what I was using. I shoot all the ammo I had, When I went to get the empty box to trash it I cound that it was now almost (or full) a full box. TO the gentleman that switched my empty box with his I would like to say thank you, This showers that there is still good people in the world, Once thanks again I truly appreciate it.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    And I was shooting on the other side of you. I would have stayed, but I just popped by test some loads in the 9mm, 45acp and AR. Yje 45s were sweet, bit the 9s need some work.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Love me some Myrtle Grove. I like to get there early on a Weekday and have the whole range to myself. Awesome time, and no waiting to swap out my targets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom