• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Wife's polymer 80 doesn't have an issue with pin drift. But does have problems returning to barrery, sometimes it needs a push the last 3mm.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Wife's polymer 80 doesn't have an issue with pin drift. But does have problems returning to barrery, sometimes it needs a push the last 3mm.

Check your slide lock spring, I had to trim mine to make it seat in the frame, but yours might not be seated deep enough in the the lower.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Check your slide lock spring, I had to trim mine to make it seat in the frame, but yours might not be seated deep enough in the the lower.

Already had issues that that rubbing on the recoil spring, should be fixed now though. I'll try some sharpy on it to see if it is rubbing. I also have a new stainless recoil spring and guide rod to try as well.

Derek

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Mar 7, 2017
    Denton, MD
    I had the locking block pin drift in my P80 PF940V1 in the first magazine, but since that first magazine ... solid. I believe I'm up to 500 rds.
    I don't have the return to battery issue, but some friends to shoot it do. I've attributed it to limp-wristing. It's a common Glock issue. Lock your wrists and keep on the firing line.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I had the locking block pin drift in my P80 PF940V1 in the first magazine, but since that first magazine ... solid. I believe I'm up to 500 rds.
    I don't have the return to battery issue, but some friends to shoot it do. I've attributed it to limp-wristing. It's a common Glock issue. Lock your wrists and keep on the firing line.

I tried limp wristing and stiff wrist with no difference between the two on lockup. The problem only occurred with something in the chamber(snapcap or live round), never in a empty chamber.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The only problem I sramto have is that the slide lock leaver will come up and lock the slide back from time to time. Anyone else have this issue?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I tried limp wristing and stiff wrist with no difference between the two on lockup. The problem only occurred with something in the chamber(snapcap or live round), never in a empty chamber.

Yeah you may need to ensure your slide lock is firmly in the channel. After i pushed mine in the channel it works great but mine had the exact same symptom

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

depth of chamber before riffling starts? I've got a pistol that has early rifling that can sometimes resist chambering a round (usually a specific bullet profile or one with less set back)

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The only problem I sramto have is that the slide lock leaver will come up and lock the slide back from time to time. Anyone else have this issue?
    Be sure that the slide lock lever spring is UNDER the upper pin that retains the locking block. The lever should be spring loaded in the down position and if it is correctly installed, then you may be hitting it with your thumb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom