• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    What is the total guess on miles? My HD Porsche goes about 100miles before she gets thirsty. Gotta swap out the Ravens tins for the HD tins. Ain't gonna ride with those on

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    What is the total guess on miles? My HD Porsche goes about 100miles before she gets thirsty.

Not sure yet, will let everyone know after I have the route figured out in the next few days. We'll probably have a few stops before anyone will need to fuel up, and we'll be close to many places for gas.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Subscribed...

...and if I go, I promise not to wash the computer this time... : /

And after that weekend ride, did it work OK? I seem to remember it starting to dry out about half way home on the second day.

-John

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Not sure yet, will let everyone know after I have the route figured out in the next few days. We'll probably have a few stops before anyone will need to fuel up, and we'll be close to many places for gas.

Cool, that's my only complaint about the V ROD, <3.5 gallons and 100+ hp= 8^) but it doesn't like to pass gas stations

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Cool, that's my only complaint about the V ROD, <3.5 gallons and 100+ hp= 8^) but it doesn't like to pass gas stations

If Raineman is anything like Stoveman, then ~100 miles between fill-ups is the norm. No worries about running out of gas. Heck, when I'm riding around on my bike alone, I get 120-140 miles out of a 5.3-gallon tank on my Vaquero. That 1700 v-twin gets thirsty :D

On the F93MR we did earlier this month, my bike's lie-o-meter average went from 40 to 44 mpg. It's been steadily falling ever since.

-John

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    And after that weekend ride, did it work OK? I seem to remember it starting to dry out about half way home on the second day.

-John

Seems to be functioning properly... :thumbsup: it's going on the lift this weekend for it's 50k service...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'll put the word out to Andy, Linda and their son Drew, although Drew is currently bike shopping. He got brake checked by some douche nozzle on the way to OC bike week in Salisbury and insurance totaled his scoot. He walked away with just some bumps and bruises.

Curtis will also get a heads up.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am interested, but reserved... Would love to see the que sheet. If I go do I have to surrender my "lurker" status on the forum?

What's a que sheet?

This is going to be a ride through the country with a bunch of like minded folks and some of their significant others. When we stop for lunch or gas there will talk of motorcycles, guns, carry permits and the like.

Since Crown Royal Black will not be involved I'm sure we will all be on our best behavior.....:innocent0

What happens in Somerset, stays in Somerset.....:D

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    The Mrs. and I took a ride today and routed the trip. It is 103 miles total. There are 5 stops including a nice little place for lunch. With time to visit each stop, figure on about 5 hours.

Lets plan to meet at the Park & Ride Route 97 and Old Liberty Rd in Sykesville at 9:15 on the 14th, with plans to be on the road at 9:30.

I'll have a directions sheet for everyone, and if you have a HD with the Boom infotainment system I'll have a Zip drive you can import the trip to your ride.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    The Mrs. and I took a ride today and routed the trip. It is 103 miles total. There are 5 stops including a nice little place for lunch. With time to visit each stop, figure on about 5 hours.

Lets plan to meet at the Park & Ride Route 97 and Old Liberty Rd in Sykesville at 9:15 on the 14th, with plans to be on the road at 9:30.

I'll have a directions sheet for everyone, and if you have a HD with the Boom infotainment system I'll have a Zip drive you can import the trip to your ride.

Is that a GPX file? Something that a Garmin can import?

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom