• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Here is a video of the wounded deer. Still hanging in there. The first one is him moving. The other is a doe pushing him off the corn. He lost his antlers about three weeks ago?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looks like maybe it was struck by a vehicle. That left rear leg isn't working too good for him right now. I hope he heals and comes back from this injury.

melikou1

Aug 31, 2017
    The 'Dena, MD
    Hadn't seen a buck on my backyard trail cam for probably 3 weeks or so. Then this guy shows up. Nice suburban deer in Pasadena.

Attachments

• IMAG0226.jpg
      IMAG0226.jpg
      66.4 KB · Views: 131

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Well now. Isn't he special? That's some pretty antlers there fellow. Why don't you come into my house and hang around for awhile?

Built2Grind

Dec 9, 2017
    Eastern Shore
    Needs another year I passed him at 14 yards on November 5th with my compound bow, maybe if I’d of had my recurve I would’ve let one go..

Attachments

• 3821189F-2D48-4023-A5F9-93EABE91AE8A.jpg
      3821189F-2D48-4023-A5F9-93EABE91AE8A.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 113

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Needs another year I passed him at 14 yards on November 5th with my compound bow, maybe if I’d of had my recurve I would’ve let one go..

Unless you're on 500 acres, that deer may not be around next year. Not many hunters would pass on that buck.

Good Luck!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    2nd pic of him.............The genetics of deer in D.C. is AMAZING!!!! I'd say 75% of the bucks I see look like this guy.

Attachments

• deer2.jpg
      deer2.jpg
      147.5 KB · Views: 105

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I seen a whopper in a neighborhood near Andrews. I went and looked to see where he went through and it was fenced off everywhere where the easements met.
    Seems to me the western shore is the place to be if you can find a place to get in the woods.
    They were always around the park and near 32 795 etc but everywhere I look hard enough I can see a decent buck from time to time.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Some of the bucks my camera captured in D.C. is CRAZY!!!! I see 10 points with regularity. I got two 6 points fighting on camera which is pretty cool too.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    2nd pic of him.............The genetics of deer in D.C. is AMAZING!!!! I'd say 75% of the bucks I see look like this guy.

I'm not fully versed in aging deer but does that not look young for an 8 point? his neck looks pretty skinny to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom