• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm getting back into reloading and gathering equipment. I want to use the Lee hand press for the "dirty" operations (decapping, trimming, etc.) and do the rest with the RCBS RCS. The idea I have in my head is to mount it sideways on the bench to accomplish these things.

The other reason I have for asking is I'm torn between Accutrimmer, Lee Power Quick Trim, and Lyman ez trim. Here's how it's looking to me right now below.

Accutrimmer- <pros> comes with all the pilots

<cons> can't trim, chamfer, and deburr while using the spinning motion of the crank unless you buy a specialized tool for the cutter

Lee- <pros> can be mounted to press with drill where you can trim, chamfer, and deburr at the same time

<cons> although you can do all three operations at one time, if I decided to go with the drill, would I have to worry about concentricity issues? Also you have to go and buy separate trim dies for each caliber you want to trim

Lyman- <pros>can trim, chamfer, and deburr (as separate operations but all on the drill) two different packs (rifle and pistol) length gauges for trimming

<cons> again concentricity issues with the drill and inability to have a steady hand holding the gauge contributing to the above.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Major03

Ultimate Member
    OP, I just got the Lee quick trim and dies for .223 and 300 BLK but haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet.

In regards to concentricity, it shouldn't be an issue for two reasons. First, the drill is held in the die so it shouldn't put stress on the case neck laterally and second, I trim before I full length resize so the die will take care of any concentricity issues anyway. YMMV

Major03

Ultimate Member
    I don't worry too much about brass flow...again YMMV. Perhaps I should rethink my process? I'm always open to new methods if it improves things.

I've always followed these steps pretty much in this order...
    https://www.sinclairintl.com/guntec...s-to-precision-handloads/detail.htm?lid=16439

with some additional stuff added in like annealing after 5 firings and swagging primer pockets in military brass etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom