• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The purpose of these laws is to obtain the continuing flow of funds from Bloomberg and he DNC.

Politicians in MD march in lockstep; if they dare to exercise independent judgement, their next campaign will wither on the vine without funding from Above.

Obviously these laws have nothing - zero - nada - to do with crime, "gun violence" or whatever else they may throw out as a reason. They are demonstrating their loyalty to their masters and source of funds.

Given the total lack of rational solutions to Baltimore's homicide rate, it's doubtful that they really wish to do anything about that issue. They don't care how many gangbangers kill each other, it's just more fodder for the lawyers who run the show, and who profit handsomely from the caseload.

From the bit I have heard and taking a VERY large logical leap based on what I heard, my guess is the stuff published in the last 48hrs (HBAR, LGQL, etc.) is more in the way of reminding Bloomberg where his money needs to go and less any serious push to get that legislation passed. It is the earlier bills that are the legislative priority.

That doesn't mean it couldn't get passed and I am scared as hell about the bills on the scope and depth of them and how they seem obviously designed to screw with everyone's 2A rights without actually doing a thing to treat the problem of Baltimore violence.

Write everyone. Show up if you can. Donate to MSI. Cross fingers. Pray to sky deities if you are religious.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So, only handguns or rifles that you have to wait for are traceable? There is no records kept from cash and carry purchases?

The paper 4473 and the bound book info stay at the FLL. If the FFL goes out of business, the 4473s and bound book at supposed to be send to ATF.

ATF is prohibited from making a database out of the info.

Basically, they are traceable. At least to the first sale. After that, with FTF sales, there is no paperwork.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The way I see it, this effectively ends the sale of long guns in MD. Nothing here prevents anyone from going to an FFL in another state and buying one.

They won't be able to sell to MD residents, as the sale would not be legal in the state of residence of the buyer.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Big surprise there. Maybe when the Fudds realize they can't walk out of WalMart with a rifle and two shotguns for the upcoming season they'll finally pay attention to how badly Annapolis has been giving it to gun owners.

Except they will not actually realize it, until it is already the law.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Actually, that would be legal. There is an exception for transfers between "immediate family members" which is defined in the bill as "A SPOUSE,A PARENT,A STEPPARENT,A GRANDPARENT,AN AUNT,AN UNCLE,A SIBLING,A STEPSIBLING, A CHILD,A STEPCHILD,A GRANDCHILD, A NIECE, OR A NEPHEW, AS RELATED BY BLOOD OR MARRIAGE." (Sorry for formatting, it was a copy / paste.)

So it would apply if you live with your SO, but are not married. Or you married, but did not adopt their child.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Cross posted from the HB0612 thread:

Re: MSI's great work. I just sent them another donation.

I would like to challenge everyone here who is mad as hell with the increasing tyranny being shoved down our throats by Annapolis year, after year, after year. Forgo one trip to the range and do something to save our liberty. Take what you would have spent on a couple of boxes of ammo, and donate that to MSI for the upcoming fight. I just did. Challenge issued. Let me hear you.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Cross posted from the HB0612 thread:

Re: MSI's great work. I just sent them another donation.

I would like to challenge everyone here who is mad as hell with the increasing tyranny being shoved down our throats by Annapolis year, after year, after year. Forgo one trip to the range and do something to save our liberty. Take what you would have spent on a couple of boxes of ammo, and donate that to MSI for the upcoming fight. I just did. Challenge issued. Let me hear you.
    It's a fight we're going to lose. Period. Throwing money at MSI did nothing to stop the travesty that became FSA2013.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    It's a fight we're going to lose. Period. Throwing money at MSI did nothing to stop the travesty that became FSA2013.

But it IS helping fight it. The HQL litigation is ongoing. Don't think for a minuet that donations are not incredibly helpful.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If some worthless politician wants to make me a felon with the stroke of their pen, so be it. The gun grabbers can kiss my ass. I'm totally done caring about any of their unconstitutional infringements and bans! Maryland is a constitutional carry state, prove me wrong.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Virginia and PA is turning blue to fast for me. Even Texas is starting to change.

Texas is starting to become a huge Maryland. The densely populated urban liberal areas are slowly getting more power in the legislature than the more rural conservative areas. The state senate district which encompasses Austin covers one and a half counties. My state Senate district covers sixteen counties. Things are even worse in the House. Austin has three districts. My district covers twelve counties.

I don't regret moving here but I am damned glad I paid attention in Maryland. Every lesson I learned there is being put to use fighting restrictions here.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Your opinion and your welcome to it. You may in fact be correct, but I can't sit by and allow myself to be raped while doing nothing about it.

I get his point.
    and
    I get your point.
    and
    I don't have the answers (that's precisely why I joined this particular forum). There lies my frustration.

Using the analogy quoted above.

If you paid a bodyguard to prevent you from being attacked and the bodyguard is incapacitated and you are left to your own accord.
    Just you and the rapist.
    What do you do?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Our ultimate victories rest with the Courts. (DC, Illinois went Shall Issue)

Cases don't get the SCOTUS without a plaintiff somewhere. Dick Heller--a friend to many here--was just a DC homeowner wanting his rights.

MSI can't stand behind plaintiffs in a courtroom without our donations. Donate, and we can win before a civil war sets in.

Withhold your money because two friggin boxes of ammo are too precious, and civil war is a given, eventually.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Cases don't get the SCOTUS without a plaintiff somewhere. Dick Heller--a friend to many here--was just a DC homeowner wanting his rights.

MSI can't stand behind plaintiffs in a courtroom without our donations. Donate, and we can win before a civil war sets in.

Withhold your money because two friggin boxes of ammo are too precious, and civil war is a given, eventually.

FKSp814.png

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

If it wasn't for MSI and some others in 2013, the infringements would have been a lot worse.

The MGA is becoming emboldened on this subject, probably from the challenges lost in Court over the past 5 years. It really would be nice to win a referendum or a case in Court to make these people think twice and thrice before trying to pass this garbage. It would be nice to see some of them lose in the primaries, but even if they lose in the primaries they would not believe it was because of their stance on the 2nd Amendment.

I know a lot of liberal gun owners, and it is really hard for me to believe that they are alright with this sort of garbage.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

It is termed a Civil War when the revolting party loses. It is called a Revolutionary War when the revolting party wins.

There is a difference between the 2nd Amendment Foundation and how it picks what it litigates and MSI. I expected this BS after reading the US District Court opinion on the rapid fire trigger device litigation. I am sickened, but not surprised. Remind me who was clamoring for plaintiffs to join him in that litigation. Dumais is also an attorney and I bet she can read a court opinion pretty easily and interpret it pretty well.

I best stop now before I end up going too far.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If it wasn't for MSI and some others in 2013, the infringements would have been a lot worse.

The MGA is becoming emboldened on this subject, probably from the challenges lost in Court over the past 5 years. It really would be nice to win a referendum or a case in Court to make these people think twice and thrice before trying to pass this garbage. It would be nice to see some of them lose in the primaries, but even if they lose in the primaries they would not believe it was because of their stance on the 2nd Amendment.

I know a lot of liberal gun owners, and it is really hard for me to believe that they are alright with this sort of garbage.

This is very true. MSI members were in Annapolis A LOT. Meeting with legislators, often at night after work etc. We paid for our own gas, parking etc. It would have been a LOT worse had we done nothing. As someone already said, the primary reason to donate to MSI is for lawsuits. Don't be so short-sighted that you think your donation will immediately change anything. The GA has a very heavy, veto proof (not that it matters) Democratic majority. They are not afraid of us. We NEED MSI for the court cases to follow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom